Hairy Dieters cook book

I've just attempted the pasties, hmmm I wasn't too successful with the bread mix but they taste ok. Looked so appalling though I only made 5!!!

Attempting the Meatballs at the weekend! wish me luck!

Book has arrived today .. Hubby very excited, just shame off to Portugal on Friday morning and off to airport from work so no food till next week x

How did they go? I'm just cooking them now...

We didnt end up having them as the Mince didnt look the right colour! :( Got them on the list of meals for next week tho :) x

my grandad always said that mince wasn't ok until it was brown whereas I sniff it & think hmmmm not sure.

They were really lovely though I have to say, Conal asked if he could have the leftover ones at breakfast, I didn't let him but he did have them for his tea & yummed the whole way through

Yes!! Yes!! Yes!! and can be made even lower fat by using fry light cooking spray :) some of the recipes are low GI to .. I like the spicy bean and veg stew, lamb tagine mmmm yummy :) and loads more, recipes are easy to follow and have photos of finished product

They're perfect for xen. As mb says use frylight instead of oil and use low fat natural yoghurt instead of where they put creme fraiche or cream and you're laughing. I always create my own recip in mfp too as I've found most of them have lower cals than the book says

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Mine are normally a good 70-80 cals less than it reckons they are by small changes like Kat says. I look it & swear it started my weight loss going again!

I had a book token for Waterstones...and they had £3 off the Hairy Dieters....so I picked up a copy for free (sort of!)

I'm a keen cook....and the some of the photos in the book look yummy! I certainly want top try one or two of their curries (I'm a bit of a curry fiend.....)...the Coconut and Prawn Curry sounds delicious!

I'm also excited at their pasties! Pasty!!!! Apparantly they use bread dough for the pastry....I am going to have to try that! I don't know how xenical-friendly the filling will be - it's cheese, potato and onion......my main problem is that the recipe says 'makes 8'....which to my mind still means 'serves one!'

Buttonboots said:
I had a book token for Waterstones...and they had £3 off the Hairy Dieters....so I picked up a copy for free (sort of!)

I'm a keen cook....and the some of the photos in the book look yummy! I certainly want top try one or two of their curries (I'm a bit of a curry fiend.....)...the Coconut and Prawn Curry sounds delicious!

I'm also excited at their pasties! Pasty!!!! Apparantly they use bread dough for the pastry....I am going to have to try that! I don't know how xenical-friendly the filling will be - it's cheese, potato and onion......my main problem is that the recipe says 'makes 8'....which to my mind still means 'serves one!'

I had the same problem with the pasties & had to show real willpower! I made them & although they looked nothing like theirs they tasted good. I'd never have dared to cheese when on xen but everyone is different x

sounds like me, lol, i love pasties and dont know if i could stop at one :eek:

Back