Hands up who does the plan without going to class?

boo68

One day at a time
Hiya everyone

I'm deciding whether to join a group or doing the plan alone at home as money is really tight at the minute. How many here do the plan from home and are you going ok with it.

I've got all the materials, calculator etc so I can do it from home if necessary, any thoughts on me deciding would be gratefully recieved, thanks Boo xxx

Hello!
I am doing it at home and I feel I am coping well. I don't have any of the books etc so I am just using online calculators and this website among others to get hints and tips. I way myself this Saturday so I will see how I get on, my aim is to lose 8lb in 4 weeks but I may consider joining a class if I don't shift the weight.

Good luck :D

Hello!
I am doing it at home and I feel I am coping well. I don't have any of the books etc so I am just using online calculators and this website among others to get hints and tips. I way myself this Saturday so I will see how I get on, my aim is to lose 8lb in 4 weeks but I may consider joining a class if I don't shift the weight.

Good luck :D

Hi Miss Reilly thanks so much for your comments and good luck to you too, still not sure what to do, really I love the weight watchers pp plan but not sure if my will power will hold up not going to class. Tbh I love the ww plan and love the slimming world classes meh what am I like lol Boo xxx

I do it without going to classes. I started in January and did really well but I wasn't that motivated. I think classes back then would have helped me. I'm just starting again and this time I'm convinced I can do it without classes. But I've had some real ups and downs this year and my attitude towards weight loss and exercise has changed entirely.

If you already have the books and calculator, I'd just start and see how it goes for a few weeks. If you don't feel that you're motivated enough or you're not losing, you can join a class as well. You might do really well without classes! Remember, even if you go off plan a bit without the class, you're probably still eating more heathily and doing something good for your body!

Hi all,

I've recently cancelled my monthly pass as I dont really get anything out of the meetings so think its a waste of money for me personally so going it alone from today. Fingers crossed I can manage this by myself.

Good luck all
Dan x

Hi all,

I've recently cancelled my monthly pass as I dont really get anything out of the meetings so think its a waste of money for me personally so going it alone from today. Fingers crossed I can manage this by myself.

Good luck all
Dan x

Good luck Dan! I think with all the stuff that's online, it's definitely possible without the classes.

Hiya. I too am going it alone. I never stayed for meetings when i went to class so it hasnt made much of a difference. I have quite a bit to lose so may go back to class when i get a bit nearer to my goal.

I'm going it alone too :)
I used to go to a meeting but found the groups attitude towards me quite mean.......I'm nearly at target so would get them all asking why I was there, I was too skinny, I should put weight in etc etc but not one of them would listen when I'd tell them how much I've already lost!
I find I do better alone and with the help of this site x

Lisa2 that is terrible, hopefully we can all support you in a positive way x
would love to know how you all get on over the next few weeks. I feel like I am doing well so I hope I have lost something. If not at least I know I am eating healthier x
good luck again all :D

lisa2 said:
I'm going it alone too :)
I used to go to a meeting but found the groups attitude towards me quite mean.......I'm nearly at target so would get them all asking why I was there, I was too skinny, I should put weight in etc etc but not one of them would listen when I'd tell them how much I've already lost!
I find I do better alone and with the help of this site x

They were probably jealous of you! x

First home weigh in and 3lb off!!!! I'm so happy! Iv also lost 1 inch off my waist and stomach and 1/2inch off my hips!!! Would love to know how everyone else is getting on :D

Hi, I have never stayed to class even though I used to go to meetings for w.i.. with my 12 hr shifts it meant i couldn't always get to a meeting and no way would i pay for weeks i couldn't attend. I weigh on a Monday a.m but would it be ok to change my day to a Fri? Gives me a bit of "leeway" for the weekend.......what do you all think?

I did it alone for a long time, lost pretty much 4 stone. But when things started getting stressful I've put 1 of those back on so joined a class last week. Think it's really going to help me to weigh in front of an actual leader rather than just myself!

I dont go to meetings i just dont get the time.Ive lost 38lb since the end of july doing ww at home. Some days have been a struggle but if im feeling i need any insperation i just come on to this site and theres so many people with the all the encouragement i need. I did buy a calculator but i never use it. Good luck everyone...

Hi, I have never stayed to class even though I used to go to meetings for w.i.. with my 12 hr shifts it meant i couldn't always get to a meeting and no way would i pay for weeks i couldn't attend. I weigh on a Monday a.m but would it be ok to change my day to a Fri? Gives me a bit of "leeway" for the weekend.......what do you all think?
I would change to a day that you are happier with otherwise the weekends might be a struggle and then you will feel deflated if it affects your weightloss. Good luck and let us know how you get on x x

I dont go to meetings i just dont get the time.Ive lost 38lb since the end of july doing ww at home. Some days have been a struggle but if im feeling i need any insperation i just come on to this site and theres so many people with the all the encouragement i need. I did buy a calculator but i never use it. Good luck everyone...
What a brilliant weight loss, well done and thank you for letting us know we can do it! :D

This is my first time on Ww properly without class and my first week has gone pretty well, I get my hubby to do a weigh in with me as I know in front of him I'll be embarrassed if I put on weight, and I also find this website a godsend, the inspiration on here gives me the motivation and help I need to stick with my new lifestyle, tbh i never really gained much from the meetings, and it was costing me money, which i can now use to go to fitness classes which will give me a much better benefit") xox

Personally, I couldn't manage without the classes. My leader is excellent and you come out of a meeting all fired up and motivated.
I also rely on esource, probably a bit too much if I'm honest and I wouldn't know the pp's of say a 228g chicken breast, but if I type it into esource, I have my pp's calculated for me.
Everyone is different and what works for one may not work for another.
Good luck on your journey x

Back