Hannata's CCD: awol

Sorry to hear about the migraine Hannata. Just as a quick thought (I have absolutely no scientific research to back this up, but just as an observation from my experiences of getting migraines when ccing), I think when you get a really horrible migraine your body needs a bit more energy, as it has to try harder to do everything (sometimes with a really terrible migraine I find that even walking a few metres can really wipe me out) so when I'm really in the zone ccing, as much as it pains me to give up and eat extra food that I won't enjoy, I do find that allowing myself to have a couple of hundred extra calories does lessen the likelihood of the migraine going on for days and days. I really feel for you though, a really bad migraine is so miserable.

Oh, and as a random piece of advice, my doctor put me on magnesium supplements and they do seem to have cut down the amount of migraines I get, might be worth asking your doctor next time you go? I don't know what the reason is or how sound it is scientifically but it does seem to have worked for me. I've gone from having 1-2 a week to 1 a month.

Sorry for being a bossy boots! Having migraines is just so miserable and most people think you're making a drama out of a headache so don't take you seriously, so I like to share out advice and remedies with fellow sufferers.

So sorry about the migraine Hannata. They are just the most awful debilitating things ever. Mine tend to linger for days completley wiping me out.
I agree with TT, magnesium supplements have really helped reduce my migraines. I don't get them as often and they don't seem quite so bad when I do. Maybe it's something to consider.
I crave carbs when I get one, and usually give in because it seems to help. Like TT said, maybe you should give into it for the sake of you health and well being.

My OH has never had even a headache in his life!!! He doesn't seem to understand the seriousness of a migraine, but he just has to look at me all pale with black eyes lying on the bed to see how bad they can be.

Glad your feeling a bit better hun. Lot's of love xx :)

Sorry to hear about the migraine Hannata. Just as a quick thought (I have absolutely no scientific research to back this up, but just as an observation from my experiences of getting migraines when ccing), I think when you get a really horrible migraine your body needs a bit more energy, as it has to try harder to do everything (sometimes with a really terrible migraine I find that even walking a few metres can really wipe me out) so when I'm really in the zone ccing, as much as it pains me to give up and eat extra food that I won't enjoy, I do find that allowing myself to have a couple of hundred extra calories does lessen the likelihood of the migraine going on for days and days. I really feel for you though, a really bad migraine is so miserable.

Oh, and as a random piece of advice, my doctor put me on magnesium supplements and they do seem to have cut down the amount of migraines I get, might be worth asking your doctor next time you go? I don't know what the reason is or how sound it is scientifically but it does seem to have worked for me. I've gone from having 1-2 a week to 1 a month.

Sorry for being a bossy boots! Having migraines is just so miserable and most people think you're making a drama out of a headache so don't take you seriously, so I like to share out advice and remedies with fellow sufferers.

Thanks for the reply :)

I agree with you re calories... you definitely need a little bit more. In my case that nearly always seems to be post migraine as I can never keep food in during one... It seems like I haven't done any damage, the scales are showing STS from tuesday morning.. so i'm happy enough with that.

I'm not on any meds at the moment... my docs given me everything from beta blockers, anti imflamms and anti histamines and none of them worked long term. Was having migraines daily and even some cluster headaches (which is hell) but then they just...randomly stopped! Nowadays I get them about once every few months!

the whole migraine/headache argument makes me really really angry so I better not start or else I'll write another paragraph or 10 :p

So sorry about the migraine Hannata. They are just the most awful debilitating things ever. Mine tend to linger for days completley wiping me out.
I agree with TT, magnesium supplements have really helped reduce my migraines. I don't get them as often and they don't seem quite so bad when I do. Maybe it's something to consider.
I crave carbs when I get one, and usually give in because it seems to help. Like TT said, maybe you should give into it for the sake of you health and well being.

My OH has never had even a headache in his life!!! He doesn't seem to understand the seriousness of a migraine, but he just has to look at me all pale with black eyes lying on the bed to see how bad they can be.

Glad your feeling a bit better hun. Lot's of love xx :)

I might try magnesium... :)

Thanks for the lovely reply to you too. Its nice to know you aren't alone.

I just get insane cravings to fill my stomach full of as much crap as possible!

Have been AWOL lately....

My dad had a heart attack on friday and hes been in hospital since. Food counting kinda went out of the window. Need to sort myself out and get back on it. Weigh in tonight should do the trick... hopefully. Its just chaos in my house at the moment and food seems to be taking a backstage for the time being :(

Back