HARRY POTTER!! Theories and discussion....go on, you know you want to!!

WOW ! what theories , amazing ! Opened my eyes a bit , i now think u could be right about D and Snape !!!!
As for the Daniel pic .....NO its harry potter !!!!

Bluddy hell you havent bored me!!!!

Im gobsmacked, i thought I knew my HP stuff but that takes some beating, tell me more!!!

Couldn't have put it better myself. Infact have started rereading 1/2 blood prince today .KWB's theories made me think I must have missed some of the plot.

Right, i have some theories about Dumbledore and Snape.....
Dumbledore HAS to be dead for many reasons.....:cry:

1) Fawkes the Phoenix's reaction must mean that Dumby is dead. the phoenix is loyal and cries of his own accord when D dies..no one tells Fawkes, he just knows. Also he leaves
Hogwarts...something which he wouldnt do if D was still alive.
Agree.
2)D's picture also appears in the headmaster's study. This only happens when a headmaster dies.
Yes. This was the thing in the book that first forced me to accept that his death wasn't a piece of theatre. Also I wonder how much tactical advantage it may give the Order of Phx. Dumbledore held so many positions of power I imagie he'll havemany portraits arund the place, thus giving him access to all the seats of wizarding power...or something like that.
3) Proff McGonnagal is allowed to freely enter the headmasters study (it automatically does it for her) meaning that (as she was depty head) that she is now headmistress.
mmm is this conclusive? D coud have set this up as an automatic state whenever he is away. eg in Ch of Sec when Malfoy gets the govenors to vote him out,doesn't Mcgonnagal take ove then as well?
4)when D is killed the charm on Harry (remember he is frozen behind the door) lifts

There are many other reasons why D has to be dead, but theyre too complex to go into right now.
Please do go in to them .( perhaps not all at once though as my brain might catch fire)
Snape is also good!!
I think this because

1) D trusted him. And we all know D was very wise.
True
2) Snape (although supposedly working for Voldie) has NEVER tried to hurt or kill Harry...he just doesnt like him much!
yes but He did try to have him expelled after the flying car incident in 'Chamber',Also he explains his necessary inactivity to Narcissa & bellatrix at start of 1/2 blod P.
3) Snape is using occlumency against Voldie. He is blocking Voldie out of his thoughts so that he cant see that he is actually working for Dumblebore (and a good guy)...thats why Voldie hasnt got wise to it all and has let Snape continue at Hogwarts, thinking he is a spy for the death eaters. Can you help me on this one please, When or how do we know he's successfuly blocking V? Isn't V supposed to be the world's best legilimens?

4) Snape only killed D because he asks him too. Dumby & Snape made an unbreakable vow together (allthough its not spelled out, Hagrid does hear part of it but mistakes it for Snape complaining about his workload..)
When Snape is stood infront of D and hesitates (before he kills him) Dumby pleads (with tears in his eyes) 'Serverus Please'.....D is not begging S to save his life...but to go ahead and kill him (remembering the vow). Its all in the name of saving Harry...If Voldie thinks Snape killed D then he is more likely to not figure out that Snape is working for the good guys. Snape will, i believe, help Hary in someway to defeat Voldie. cor lummy! The ambiguity of that scene had never struck me before-hence rereading from today with your insights in mind.

5) if Snape was bad, he wouldnt be able to see the Headquarters of the Order of the Phoenix (its invisible to the enemy)
Is this true ,or is it merely good enough that the Order trust him to allow him to view it.
6) D froze Harry (out of Harms way) behind the door so that Harry could see D being killed by Snape (again to keep up the lie to voldie) which all ties in with the whole Snape killing Dumbledore plan......Also if Harry wasnt frozen then im sure he would have attacked Snape and thwarted the whole plan.
you're probably right & light years ahead of me-again need to reread this bt

anyway, as you can tell, im a bit obsessed and have theories about everything HP! I consider it a healthy obsessionFor a while we (ME H 3 kids) were so absorbed in it we usd to play all sorts of HP games in the car.eg naming a character starting with each letter of the alphabet ,spot the quote (character & scene required) guess the mythical beast etc
any questions, please ask!

keelie xxxx
sorry this is rather long but Im begining to feel i need your help in sorting bits of the plot out.

ooh so many questions. i cant answer right now as im supposed to be getting ready for work, but ill be back online tonight with many more answers and theories!!

keelie xxx

just q quick note to myself to remind me to talk about the following later ....

Wormtail, his life debt and why he will help Harry get rid of Mouldy Voldie.

Snape & Voldie - whats going on there...also in relation to the 'Unbreakable Vow' re: Draco

Dumbledores Words to Snape & their Vow

Life debts in general......Snape/Wormtail

The relationship between Snape & Harry (ties in with life debts)

McGonnagal/headmaster

and i think thats it for now.

and so, i leave you with bated breath!....

Wow Keelie - I'm in awe of your knowledge & you Jane. I hadn't seen half of that, and like many of the others was (and is still is despite what you've said) desperately hoping that Dumbledore isn't really dead, and yes I did cry, Ibawled my eyes out, I couldn't believe it.

Love reading your theories, don't have anything to match I'm afraid, but I'll be keeping up with this post :)

some little bleeder at work ruined the whole plot for me last time when he blurted out 'DUMBLEDORE DIES' at the top of his voice! i could have killed him! However, D's death did come really unexpectedly with no sort of build up, so in a way it was still a sort of suprise!

anyway, must do work, i promise ill be back online at somepoint to talk about the bits and bobs mentioned earlier...

ooh, must also remember to mention about Harry's appearance.....

Wow, Please do not kill this thread, bah bah bah ba bah, im lovin it x

and i thought that i would look really sad if i started posting about Harry Potter! I thought i was the only person who was interested on here! you guys have proved me wrong!
Its so nice to chat about HP, none of my family & freinds are interested!
so glad i started this thread!
Lets keep it going....Harry Potter will never end in my eyes!

has anyone else got any theories or niggling things they cant work out? Anything youve noticed that seems odd?

and i thought that i would look really sad if i started posting about Harry Potter! I thought i was the only person who was interested on here! you guys have proved me wrong!
Its so nice to chat about HP, none of my family & freinds are interested!
so glad i started this thread!
Lets keep it going....Harry Potter will never end in my eyes!

Poor dear KWB, have you never heard the saying'Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean they 're not out to get you. Well I'm afraid in this instance,just because we are hp obsessed too doesn't mean you (we) are not sad.

sorry to burst your bubble

has anyone else got any theories or niggling things they cant work out? Anything youve noticed that seems odd?

YES. & it goes right back to the start.=The missing 24 hours.
Voldie goes to potter house & kills parents in the evening. The next we learn is the following evening Sirius has met hagrid there,lent him the bike & off he flies to privet drive. OR have we been given more ifno on this that I've since forgotten?

Gosh I haven't been on for 3 days and so much has happened on this thread ! Trying to catch up but back to the vile Malfoys.....has Mrs Malfoy appeared in the books or the films, I can't remember anything about her but she must exist. Like the what happened to Draco theory....that would be great !

Back