has anyone had scan ordered after swabs taken .. worried, didnt know where to post

lebody

been going to doctors with what I thought was ovarian cyst for months, finally they did vaginal swabs telling me if there was prob id get a letter for scan and if ok wouldn't hear back - this was just over week ago

thought as a week had passed all was ok, then received letter this morning asking me to attend a vaginal/pelvic scan in 10 days time .. worried sick could be something sinister

are they able to tell if you have a cyst from a vaginal swab (thought strange that doctor ordered this) or have they found something more sinister, everyone keeps telling if was cancer theyd have fast tracked me .. scared stiff now
icon_sad.gif

If it was something sinister then they wouldn't have asked you to wait 10 days before you came in.

It could just be an infection they've picked up. If you are able to speak to your doctor then book a telephone appointment to ease your worries.. otherwise I wouldn't worry x

There are probably lots of reasons they might order a scan so try not to worry about it too much. I've had an abnormal result from a swab before but honestly can't remember if they did a scan after that. I had cells that were 'on their way' to becoming cancer but they were able to remove the area and everything was fine and has been since. Just recently I had to have a biopsy done AFTER a scan and again, nothing. Sometimes they do like to be quite cautious which is good!

Hi,
Try not to worry too much, like the others said if was anything sinister they wouldn't ask you to wait 10 days.
I went for my scan after a blood test and swab as the only way they can be 100% sure it is PCOS is by seeing it on a scan, so it could just be confirmation because the swab showed something that suggested PCOS, which is what mine did.
Hope this puts your mind at ease a little :)
Kirsty

I also had to have a scan after blood tests and swabs to confirm my PCOS. Three times! But they're quick and easy and worth it to get a diagnosis.

Just realised this thread is three months old! Hope everything went ok,

Back