has anyone had scan ordered after swabs taken .. worried

lebody

been going to doctors with what I thought was ovarian cyst for months, finally they did vaginal swabs telling me if there was prob id get a letter for scan and if ok wouldn't hear back - this was just over week ago

thought as a week had passed all was ok, then received letter this morning asking me to attend a vaginal/pelvic scan in 10 days time .. worried sick could be something sinister

are they able to tell if you have a cyst from a vaginal swab (thought strange that doctor ordered this) or have they found something more sinister, everyone keeps telling if was cancer theyd have fast tracked me .. scared stiff now
icon_sad.gif

They can't tell if you have cysts from a swab.
Phone the GP and ask them what the swabs showed and why you're being referred for a scan. The scan is the way can defo tell if you have cysts. it could be that the swabs were negative and they're going ahead with the scan because you most likely have cysts.

basically, don't worry yourself sick for the next ten days. phone the GP and find out what's happening. it's you health and they have every right to tell you.

Back