Has anyone tried TV Exercise Dance Mat

Gemstone

Here for the Journey
Has anyone on minimins tried the exercise dance mat that runs from the TV without the use of a gaming system? I'm quite interested in the one Argos does for £9.99. My dancing skills are somewhere around nil but it could be interesting. Please post if you have tried it.

I haven't tried the one that goes directly into the TV but I have one for my play station. I'd imagine they are pretty much the same which means good fun! One tip though, shut the curtains first!

Yep - I think that goes without saying Taz - although I could charge and make money at the same time - hmm...............

Good idea! As long as you have the floor space and the time to use it I'd say go for it Gem!

Not enough floor space at the moment but on one at the moment - sorting things out and moving things around x

That's what I'm supposed to be doing as we are having the flat valued this afternoon but I have nowhere to put the stuff that is cluttering the place up, hence the reason for the valuation - we need a bigger place!

I think if I just get a cheap one it might be worth it to try. The teenage grils at school enjoy it - maybe there's a warning there somewhere.............

I too have the one for the playstation and I think it's good fun. I ain't been on it for ages but would like to give it a go again (I think it's up in the loft though)

The only thing that annoys me is that my mat has a tendency to move across the floor as I'm dancing so I miss steps and fail the song. The other thing is the songs can get a bit boring after a while.

hi, i havent heard of an independant one b4, id like to know more about lol *hopes that its worth getting*

Well I've bought it. It takes 4 AA batteries and I thought I had them but all I have is loads of AAA ones. It seems that it plugs in like a camcorder would to the tele and the mat itself is powered by batteries. No softwear is involved just the mat and a scart adapter if needed. It all looks straightforward so we'll see tomorrow when I get the batteries x

OK We Have Dance Off

OK Guys - Dance mat up and running so here's the low-down.

I bought the Dance Master aimed at anyone aged 3 + I thought I might meet the requirements. It was £9.99 from Argos.

It didn't take up too much space on the floor so I was able to use it even though I haven't finished my sorting out yet.

I put the batteries in and plugged the mat into the tele then I switched to AV - amazingly it fired up right away.

It made elctronic noises which might have been music and displayed some options on the tele which I had to select with my feet on the mat. There was dance (with 10 tune choices), pinball and knock-out - I tried them all.

It took a little getting used to and was a little slippy but I did kinda get the general idea and will play again.

Conclusions - It was fun and got my heart rate up so I probably burned off a few calories. Excellent value for a tenner.

Score - Uh No... I don't think so - I'm not gonna embarass myself that much x

Sounds like a plan Taz - I look around this afternoon x

Back