Hates the ignorance of some people re vlcds

Starlight

Gold Member
Im SO angry - just been looking at another forum which isnt weight loss related but has a weight loss thread

Some ignorant moron has posted this:

however eat to little and you go into starvation mode, or even worse like on those bloody dangerous VLCD diets a large portion of the weight loss comes from lean muscle mass which is disasterous and potentially fatal in the long term

followed by this

nah there dangerous and a cruch for the desperate

and you dont even learn anything on them, they need to be banned or only performed under trained supervion from GPs

Im absolutely raging at such an ignorant dismissive post

Thankfully though as Im not a moderator there and just a member I can let rip and say what Im really thinking :whistle:

I wouldn't worry about it.....

Some people slate what they essentially know nothing about :)

I agree but I hate when people you tell people about your diet and they say something like "why dont you lose weight the proper way" or "you'll only put it all back on"

so much for support?
x

I've been fizzing about this very topic for the last few days and this has just hacked me off even more.

*sits here in a bad mood whilst her lean muscles mass wastes away, holding onto her desperation crutch that is her final shake for the day*

Some guy was going on at me how there is no magic cure and it wont work and the simple answer is just to eat less and move more, and i quote 'if they actually worked the companies that make them wouldn't make any money because they depend on people re-using them' and i swiftly told him that ANY diet you go on, including 'eating more and moving less.' will stop working if you go back to eating the same stuff as before, it's just a fact! it doesn't matter what you do, slimming world, atkins whatever! if you go back to how you were before you will put weight on. It really irks me because I am perfectly capable of figuring out my own diet plan, and too many people presume that meal replacements are 'fast weight loss then regain.' grrr sorry ;p

*jenjen* *sits here in a bad mood whilst her lean muscles mass wastes away said:
pmsl better get on the bike and try and regain some of my wasted muscle too. i still get funny looks from my cousin and his girlfriend who are sports teachers at a school 'you should just eat healthy and exercise more'. they must think i sit on my fat arse all day while the 3 kids look after themself.lol.
dont worry starlight you know what theyre like just ignorant as they have no knowledge about vlcds.

I don`t care what anyone says about my VLCD. I have lost weight and I feel good about myself. If I put the weight back on it`s because I have eaten fish n chips for lunch, Large muffin and Latte form Starbucks. Got home and had a mahussive dinner, followed by a big pudding. It`s not rocket science and we all know that. If we don`t change our eating habits then we will put the weight back on, simples!

Starlight let ignorant morons be!

Idiots.

The research shows that you are NO more likely to pile weight back on after a VLCD than any other diet.

I hate smug pillocks that spout the old "eat less, move more" mantra. Yes, we should do that, most people should, but sometimes we really need to see tangible results to spur us on, and these are best achieved through a VLCD. Their smugness makes me want to punch'em.

It's like people who have never smoked telling smokers to "just stop buying them". They have NO idea of what it's like, and until they are in our shoes they should just shut the **** up. Grrrrrrr.
I'm an ex-smoker and remember the patronising attitudes well.

*sits here in a bad mood whilst her lean muscles mass wastes away, holding onto her desperation crutch that is her final shake for the day*

Once again I am reminded why I just LOVE this site - once again my morning coffee has been spat out all over my desk!!! You ladies are the best - retaining your sense of humour through this all!!!!

:roofles:

They're just jealous, because they know they will never succeed in doing such a diet as VLCD. We can all have the last laugh when keeping it all off at goal and theyre still in the same position as before with no loss HE HE xx

a large portion of the weight loss comes from lean muscle mass which is disasterous and potentially fatal in the long term

Nope! My scales shows body composition, and I have infact gained muscle - your body isn't going to start breaking down metabolically import tissue when it has lbs of fat to burn! What a moron :D

Love every bodies posts made me pmsl. you guys are awesome!!
x

Back