Having a MARE trying to pick a colour scheme!!

Victoria_30

Hey beautiful brides to be!

I'm new on this particular forum, currently following Slimming World hoping to be a svelte size 10 for my wedding day (June 2011). So far I have booked the church, reception venue and the photographer my only problem is... I can't seem to decide on a colour scheme! I thought I wanted it to be very neutral and classic, whites creams etc but now I'm thinking "am I making the right decision". My main issue is the bridemaids dresses, I know I've got plenty of time (she says!!) but I really need to make my mind up!

So, can I ask what everyone else's colour schemes are and if you've picked your bridesmaids outfits?? I'd love to see pics if anyone has any.

Thanks!! xx

Hi Victoria, I am having the same problem :lol: I went to a bridal shop this week and thought I had set my mind for the bridesmaids (cadbury purple) but have since been having second thoughts and every night this week I have sat for hours googling wedding themes :giggle: at the moment I am swaying towards a Nautical theme as our reception is over looking the bay, with my bridesmaids in maybe a navy blue.. I dare say by tonight though I will have changed my mind :giggle: i am driving my mum :crazy:

LOL, nice to see someone is in the same boat (pardon the pun!). I start googling like you but then get even more confused. I didn't really think about the setting (i.e where we're having our reception), that's a really good idea. We're getting married in a villiage church then the reception is by the river... defo food for thought. The grooms party are going to be in dark grey and obviously whatever colour scheme I choose. Oh my head hurts!! I just find it hard to visualise the bridesmaids in neautral colours, this is what I thought I wanted theme wise at first. i really want subtle classy flowers (creams, whites etc) but then I can't see the bridesmaids in cream - definate no no! This is where I'm having my problem! Can I have them in something else but still keep a neutral theme?? Arghhh!!

Hey there, well ever since i can remember i always wanted a really classy black and white wedding, but the problem i had was this: I am getting married in Turkey, a very hot country on the beach! lol but stubborn as i am, i kept the black and white and i now have fuschia thrown in as well to make it a bit more exotic,my little bridesmaids are in ivory like me, with a fuschia orchid on the waistband and fuschia petals in the hem of the dress, so pretty they move when they walk in them.
My adult bridesmaids are in black cocktail dresses (from LITTLEWOODS!!!) and i have customised them with an ivory sash around the waist and an antique brooch- so pretty, plus the girls will wear the cocktail dresses again and again, and they were only 59 pounds each! they then have stunning fuschia shoes for the pink bit, i cant wait to see them altogether on the day! I will try and get some pics on here for you.

If you want classic and neutral colours, why dont you add a colour in thats very subtle- like gold, silver, light grey, beige, chocolate brown is really in right now! olive green or sage green

There is a FANTASTIC website you can go onto and look at loads of styles of dresses for the bridesmaids and whats great about it, is that you can click on the colours and it will change the picture to the colour you have selected!

My advice is that if you want lots of creams and ivories etc etc, why dont you have the bridesmaids in an ivory dress and customise it with a coloured sash??

xxxxxxx

oh my god i am such an idiot i didnt give you the website! LOL
www.dessy.com

Hey there, well ever since i can remember i always wanted a really classy black and white wedding, but the problem i had was this: I am getting married in Turkey, a very hot country on the beach! lol but stubborn as i am, i kept the black and white and i now have fuschia thrown in as well to make it a bit more exotic,my little bridesmaids are in ivory like me, with a fuschia orchid on the waistband and fuschia petals in the hem of the dress, so pretty they move when they walk in them.
My adult bridesmaids are in black cocktail dresses (from LITTLEWOODS!!!) and i have customised them with an ivory sash around the waist and an antique brooch- so pretty, plus the girls will wear the cocktail dresses again and again, and they were only 59 pounds each! they then have stunning fuschia shoes for the pink bit, i cant wait to see them altogether on the day! I will try and get some pics on here for you.

If you want classic and neutral colours, why dont you add a colour in thats very subtle- like gold, silver, light grey, beige, chocolate brown is really in right now! olive green or sage green

There is a FANTASTIC website you can go onto and look at loads of styles of dresses for the bridesmaids and whats great about it, is that you can click on the colours and it will change the picture to the colour you have selected!

My advice is that if you want lots of creams and ivories etc etc, why dont you have the bridesmaids in an ivory dress and customise it with a coloured sash??

xxxxxxx

That all sounds lovely I bet it will look fabulous :D off to check out your link ;D

Back