Having to really pay attention and feels like diet- not very SW?

At the risk of sounding like a purist, you aren't really following the plan, so you cannot blame the plan for being too hard.

I've found the best meal for keeping me sated throughout the day is a couple of poached eggs on a couple of slices of toast. It must be the protein and carbs mix but it honestly fills me all day, no tummy rumblings until way past tea time, it's become my favourite lunch because of this.

If you don't eat when hungry (physical hunger, not emotional or boredom) then you're doing yourself no good at all.
Think of your body as a car...it needs petrol (food) to function. You don't have to starve yourself, just make good choices...pick things that will keep you sated longer...so proteins mixed with carbs and maybe some fibre too. Snacking on low calorie foods is ideal if you're a grazer...stuff you can pick at like grapes or berries are great, plus keep a bottle of water or no added sugar squash with you.
I buy water bottles with the sucky nozzles and then reuse them for a while, they're easy to drink and because of the sucky action I actually drink more than when using a normal bottle or cup.

If you're finding you're wanting to eat through boredom or habit then find something to do with your hands...a hobby, reading, internet, work etc...something to keep you occupied.

firstly, chin up hun!! lots of great advice on here, but deffo dont skip breakfast! you really need to eat something in the morning to kick start your metabolism! find what is right for you and dont beat yourself up about it! also bear in mind that if you are exercising then your losses may be smaller,, have you measured yourself, as you may lose in inches rather than lbs! good luck flower :) xx

frankied said:
I have to really concentrate to do Slimming World, what I am eating, how much, portion size and try really hard not to have snacks and if I do to make sure they are superfree AND speed foods. SW advertises unlimited food and no counting but if I did this I really would be eating to much to loose weight.

It does really feel like a diet, and I do have to very careful and aware of what I'm eating (free food) and how much. But this isn't what Slimming World suggests or advertises at all. Does anyone else find this? I'm 13 weeks in but feel disappointed in how much it feels like any other diet and I do feel deprived. I feel like it's much more to do with my willpower rather than the way SW works.

I love that I'm loosing weight but feel like it's not at all how SW ads and first meeting explained how it would it be and how different from other diets it was in being able to eat and eat.

Hi Frankied, I do know what you mean that SW can feel like a diet but that's when I'm having a rebellious moment and I want to foods that would take me over my syns and equal a blow out. This is totally me and not cos of the plan.

From reading your post you say that your disappointed that it feels like a diet, well let's be honest it is a diet. SW promotes healthy eating but if youre aiming to lose weight it equals a diet. It only stops being a diet when you change your life and make SW your normal eating.

Personally I'd say SW promotes a healthy diet/lifestyle, gives you a weight loss with little weighing and counting but you still have to do the work to get a loss

Maybe you need to think about your expectations and what are you prepared to do to achieve them?

Sorry that you're feeling down and hope you feel happier with the plan soon

Hi, I Had my biggest loss on the scales of -10lbs in January when for a whole week I stuck to the plan 100%, I had my hea, and heb, and around 10syns a day, this plan works,
Keep smiling xx

I would honestly say that if you feel like this, then SW is not for you.
Yes we have to think about food, of course, this is a weight loss plan after all!

I'm not going to repeat what the others have said re snacking, portion sizes etc but I will say that if you are worried about eating too many calories then maybe you need to do a calorie counting diet?

Back