Hayley's Diary

Hayley3012

Days 1 & 2 -15 stone 11

Hi all, wanted to write my diary as I'm so hungry at the moment I thought I'd start it to distract me. Had very smug feelings that I'd be ok and wouldn't get hungry and now boy I'm hungry. Trying to drown it with water. Think it may be cos I waited to long before having my 3rd pack was starving but had to hold out for it and the hunger hasn't left.
But apart from my first temporary hungry state these past 2 days haven't been bad at all. no headaches, drinking all the liquid has been manageable enough. I made a little mistake of having 2 products yesterday that were made up of skimmed milk, didn't realise until I'd done it. But instead of beating myself up about it I have decided to shrug it off. Its all a learning curve.
I have found this site such a wealth of knowledge. I orginally started this year dieting at 17 stone 1.5 lbs and started on slimming world and was using this site for recipes and such. Found slim and save whilst browsing and cannot wait to see weight losses that are a little bit more spectacular than slimming world. Will maintain on slimming world though cos for an eating type of person, it really is an amazing eating plan.
I willl stop waffling on now though as I seem to have just prattled on about nothing really, but it made me think less about being hungry.
LOL done a ketosis test today hehe no such luck- sure its just cos i wanted to pee on my new sticks - everything is a new toy!!!
HUNGRY but not for long!
P.S tomato soup:sign0137:

Hi Hayley,

Nice to see more new s&s'ers! I had a tough first week, and trust me it get's so much easier. I did slimming world like you and started at 17st 4lbs mid november time. I love the plan as a maintenance plan, but for losing weight, it just wasn't quick enough for me. I also found it hard to rigidly stick to the syns! So this has been wonderful for me. I've found will power I never knew I had!

I have beginning of june as my goal date too. Good luck and keep us posted, I've found having a diary has really helped, and it's also nice to go back and have a re-read. I have done it once last week when I was having a tough day. x

So glad to have found another me story :) seeing someone do so well as well is very motivating. Well done.
I just can't wait for this week to be over, I miss the gym so much but don't want to do too much in the first week because I'm unsure how this week affect me. My bodies rubbish and I'm prone to being a bit lightheaded at the best of times and don't want to have an embarrassing incident! I feel fine so far just don't want to risk it whilst my bodys' getting use to this. Do you know what the general advice is on exercise?

Hi Hayley :)

Good idea with the diary, talking or rather typing does help and talking to others who are going through the same things, i had the hunger as well on those days and it is hard and i suppose that is when most ppl give up thinking "is it always going to be like this" give it another few days and it will be a lot lot more bearable....and i only say this as some wise supportive ppl on this forum who have been through it and got the t-shirts :D told me this last week during my first few days :)

So in short keep the faith and keep chatting away always someone on here listening :)

Best of luck with tomorrow

I am the same as you, prone to light headedness and I suffer with headaches. I had a rubbish first week, it wasn't easy but lost 8lbs, and by my weigh in day I felt 100% better, headache had lifted I was in ketosis, hunger had gone, nausea had gone too.

It takes a bit of umph in the first week, but give it your all and you will make it, before you know it you will be looking back on your first days as it will fly by, with the added bonus of being much lighter too!

I've got a cross trainer at home, before s&s I had a stint of using it for 40mins 5 times a week. I haven't yet introduced any cardio yet, this is due to the fact that I worry about how many calories I am taking in and being able to safely workout. I have been doing toning exercises and I am feeling comfortable on the diet now so I plan to introduce a bit or cardio this week.

I am not sure on the general advice but I think really, everyone is different, I do think you need to wait a week or so to let your body adjust and settle into it. One thing I've noticed on this diet is I listen to my body more now. I was all over the place before, but now I know when my body is truly thirsty/hungry and think of fuelling my body instead of filling it with crap!!

Hi Hayley, good to see a new diary starting :). As others have said the first few days can be incredibly tough but after the first week it really does become so much easier. And if things do really get tough I always say "don't crack, have an extra pack". So much better to have an additional foodpack than to hit the fridge.

Good luck tomorrow and let us know how you get on.

Yes Good luck Hayley :) Let us all know how you get on.

Back