healthy extras

lizzie20

can anyone help me???

i dont seem to be eating my healthy extras and need some ideas what i can have-what are your favs?
i really like cereal bars and i know alpen light count as a healthy extra, what other ones are there??i have a feeling a might get bored if i have them every day!!

thanks x

Don't you have a book?
There are so many, on EE - bread, cereal, cereal bars, olive oil
on red - potatoes, beans, pulses, peas, sweetcorn plus the EE ones, on green - meat, fish, cheese, nuts, seeds, plus the EE ones

Specific cereal bars you can get, as well as Alpen light are Kellogs Fibre plus bars, Weetabix Oaty Bars, and the Hi-Fi bars you can get in class (presume you dont go to class if you dont already have a list of healthy extras)

There's a load of crispbread type things as well (ryvitas etc) but the amount you can have varies depending on what type, and there's way too many to write up here (certainly while I'm at work).

Or there's the bread option (57g wholemeal bread - ie one wholemeal roll, or 1 slice of 800g w/meal loaf, or 2 slices of 400g w/meal loaf, or 3 slices of WW danish brown). Alternatively you can have 1 wholemeal pitta (Co-op or ASDA own brand ONLY)

There's also stewed/cooked fruit, as well as some dried and canned fruit too.

Those are all B choices on EE by the way. The A choices are pretty much milk and cheese, with varying amounts depending of the type.

And of course for red and green days its also the protein/carbs allowence for whichever day you are doing.

Im on EE and it's a struggle to limit myself to just one A and one B - the portions are so stingy (28g of cereal is nothing), and if I have that, I can't have bread/pitta/cereal bars except if I syn it). It always amazes me when people say they struggle to eat theirs

thanks for the reply, i have got a book with the usual stuff in but i havnt got any ideas for other goooood stuff such as alpen lights etc.
ive borrowed a book from my mum from when she used to do it as i cant afford to join a club at the minute and i do shifts x

wow thanks mandy296 thats really helpful thanku! nope im not at a club, i know how to do it tho coz my mum used to-i just need to pick up on all the tips and advice now!...ooh and also stick to it!x

This is my first week on SW and I'm doing EE, I have found I don't use my HEb at all x probably because I had already done my monthly shop when I joined ( decided to join spur of the moment, kinda like if I don't do it now I never will ) and can't afford to do another shop so only have mainly ready meals which predominately are 16+ syns :( so have lived off pasta salad, a bit of fruit and the odd meal made by friends lol x oh and the odd ready meal with only 7 syns lol x first weigh in tonight so well see if the coping method till new year is working x
Just trying to work the best I can with what I have in for now lol x

It's well worth joining a group, paying your tenner and getting all the current information, even if you don't go back. How old is your mum's book? It could have changed a lot since she did it.

Also, even you do get a chance to join, it doesn't matter that you are a shift worker. The consultant marks you down as such and you only go to the groups when you can.

This is my first week on SW and I'm doing EE, I have found I don't use my HEb at all x probably because I had already done my monthly shop when I joined ( decided to join spur of the moment, kinda like if I don't do it now I never will ) and can't afford to do another shop so only have mainly ready meals which predominately are 16+ syns :( so have lived off pasta salad, a bit of fruit and the odd meal made by friends lol x oh and the odd ready meal with only 7 syns lol x first weigh in tonight so well see if the coping method till new year is working x
Just trying to work the best I can with what I have in for now lol x

Best advice you can take is to get out of the ready meals habit.

Frozen pasta readymeal = 10 syns plus (even "diet" versions will be quite high syns usually)
Dried pasta+tinned toms/passata+herbs/garlic etc = free. And usually much nicer!

Yer I only brought then as my DH is away with work ( has been since 1st nov and isn't back till 17th dec ) and I work as a nanny and babysitter so get quite a lot of work last minute so as there is only me at home it just seemed easier and cheaper to buy loads in otherwise I probably wouldn't eat as would forget/ be lazy/ or just pig out on utter rubbish like crisps etc lol x but did the month shop from my wages this month which was 2-3 weeks ago when I never thought about joining so didn't think much about what I was buying as it didn't matter x only had one since starting which was only 7 syns according to the SW syns calc on website ( discounted the pasta and put the info in and that's what it said it was ) but only have 1 of those and wot be going shopping again until at earliest the 29/30th dec maybe after then lol x will have to speak to some people in the group tonight and see if they can give me some ideas of different stuff to make with the free things I have in lol x

If ever I am stuck on how to use my HEX, I use them on nuts, olive oil or cheese on toast

I had a snack of toasted cheese sandwich this afternoon which used HEB and HEA. I just fancied it so had it. I usually use my HEA on milk but been out most of the day so will syn what I use, probably about 125ml so 3 syns.

Denise

i always used my milk as HEa but will occationally use it for cheese but only if i know im going to be eating at a friends house and theres cheese in the food lol x
tried a weetabix oaty bar which can be used as a HEb today and was quite surprised that i like it lol x may have to see if i they are available in boxes as will be really expensive to buy a week/months worth individually lol x

i always used my milk as HEa but will occationally use it for cheese but only if i know im going to be eating at a friends house and theres cheese in the food lol x
tried a weetabix oaty bar which can be used as a HEb today and was quite surprised that i like it lol x may have to see if i they are available in boxes as will be really expensive to buy a week/months worth individually lol x

you can buy the oatybars at poundland :)

I always manage to eat mine, Wish i struggled! I've started to have a mullerlight or activia snackpot and alpen light for breakfast. Hate using both choices straight away with milk and cereal. Then i take another alpen light to work for when the cake craving kicks in =/

I've just discovered ryvita minis. 30g bags count as a healthy extra B. Handy to grab.

jennibells said:
how many of the oatybars can you have for your healthy b? - with the alpen bars i hope im right on saying you can have 2?

If it's Alpen Light then yes, it's 2 for a HEX B

x

how many of the oatybars can you have for your healthy b? - with the alpen bars i hope im right on saying you can have 2?

Just one Weetabix Oaty bar for a HEB I'm afraid but they are only 3.5 syns each so you could have a second and syn it.

just one i think x is there a snack bar like/similar to an oaty bar that is syn free?

Afraid not - there are are no syn free cereal bars

Back