Hellllooooo!

Appleberry

Hello All,

So here I go, I am hoping that this forum will help me with my weight loss journey and you fabulous people can stop me when I give into temptation!!

I have been on the Cambridge Diet for a week now, it is my first weigh in today and I don't think I have lost any weight at all because I cheated on day 4 and 5 :( I was doing so well until my brother bought me a Kit Kat, it tasted awful but I went downhill after that :(

Anyways I did do well yesterday but I had a horrible taste in my mouth and found it really hard to drink water, had to force myself to drink 3 litres. So I put lots of pepper in my tomato soup to try and diminish the taste and that helped a little bit. I am hoping that it is the ketosis but not sure as I cheated on the 2 days before.

Please wish me luck! I really hope I can stick to this as I am feeling really awful about my body at the moment, I have never been so big before and everyone keeps making comments about my weight :(

Anyways, happy slimming!!

Appleberry x

congrats on starting again, you may have gone back into ketosis again, at least you are back on the water and that should help matters, gud luck on your weigh in.xx

It sounds like you are doing well, don't worry about the Kit Kat, you know now it is not worth it, and hopefully won't do it again. I hope I do as well this week (I am restarting tomorrow) and remember how difficult the first few days are. Good luck, and hope the your weigh in shows all your hard work.

When u hit a speed bump & u fall off the wagon, pick yourself up and run after it, jump back on and hold on!!

Sure enough I fall off the wagon all the time but jump straight back on, I have always struggled with my weight and have done diets but once I fall I stay down. Which is swings & roundabouts really, it's why I am the size I am. But I am in a new frame of mind and feel focused. I will be back 100% on Monday and to be honest I can't wait, if I fall I will regain my balance and jump right back on, the wagon will not reach the finish line without me on board!!!

So Hun don't get yourself down about the 2days like alot of ppl say draw a line under it and carry on, stay strong and keep ur chin up!!!

So I had my weigh in and I lost 5lbs! My CDC said I could have done better but it was still a good loss and she thought I would have a bigger loss next week. But then she told me that I could cheat once a week if I really wanted to and I should do it straight after my weigh in - and so I did :p...I now think that maybe I shouldnt have. But oh well! I'll just have to try extra hard this week! I have my water and my packs ready!

well done on loosing 5 lb , great loss for a week with a few hiccups :)
But shame on your CDC for giving you the green light to cheat !!!! Once you start thinking you can 'get away ' with cheating then you are on a slippery slope ! the cheat starts to last a little longer each time and it just makes it harder and harder to stick to it for the rest of the week !!
CD is about trying to teach yourself not to use food as a 'treat ' or a 'reward' as that is certainly how I got where I was . Diets like CD are amazing , but you do need to try and stick 100 % to them as one small cheat has a huge impact .. i am shocked at any CDC telling you to cheat !!!!!

ps Sorry for the rant .. dont mean to sound harsh !

I'm sat here with my mouth open in shock that your CDC said that!! Why would you put yourself through that each week?! I would never get back on if I had to restatrt after weigh in each week.
Well done on your weight loss this week, keep going strong, new clothes are a far better treat then food!!xx

I'm with the others on this 1, she shouldnt be telling you it's ok to cheat. Your on the diet for a reason.
You need to stick to it 110%, if ur told it's ok to cheat then you won't try your best the rest of the time.
Hun I'm not being funny but don't listen to her, cheating is wrong on this diet. I know I'm not allowed to cheat but when I do I feel like poop!! If I knew I could cheat I wouldn't try as hard the rest of the week.

Please don't cheat... Last year I lost nearly 50lbs, allowed myself a cheat day, that led to time off for my holiday, and I've put all the weight back on in less than a year. It is so not worth it. Determinator is so right, try and find a non food reward for after each weigh in, a new bath bomb, a magazine, something you'll enjoy but not break the diet with. Last time I worked on saving a pound for every pound I lost, an idea from someone on here and I've still got the money in a pot. It is to spend when I reach my goal. That worked well for me, you'll soon see what will work for you.

Good luck with next week.:)

Well done on the 5lbs but please please please don't listen to your CDC - don't cheat - Its a great diet and it works so well - but not if you cheat - I'm with all the others on this one. Each time you cheat you risk putting yourself out of ketosis - and then you will have to struggle to get back in it every week. Give yourself a reward but a non-food one.

Back