Hello Again!! Here we go...

ok cool, tomorrow back on the porridge - promise Tan!

and sweet potato with dinner it is, Jan! dont think i have any new pots - will check!

i think i may try and control my carbs - i'll have porridge for breakfast, some carb at lunch and none or little at dinner as i dont tend to get chance to have dinner til about half 7 which i think people say is a bit late to eat carbs.

and secondly, i will not obsess. or at least i'll try not to.

Sxxx

Sounds better ... you're far more likely to be able to stick to that for longer imho. xx

Yup, sounds much better :) x

right so yesterdays dinner ended up being:

D: medium chicken breast, baked in lemon and pepper, 1 boiled egg, salad, balsamic vinegar (which i attempted to turn into a reduction but got sick of whisking it!) sweet potato, baked.

half cereal bowl of fresh pineapple.

Apparantly its good to eat pineapple after most meals. my mate was telling me that it assists digestion, which is why you have it with hard to digest foods, like gammon.

apparantly the brazilians have it after every meal - and we all know how gorgeous some of them are!!

todays plan:

B: Oats so simple with purple milk (?!)
L: same as dinner yesterday, minus the balsamic vinegar.
D: tuna salad - probably with sweet potato.

Snacks: if/when required! yesterday's yoghurt which i never got round to, pineapple, apple, box of raisins.

so the reason i finally got a grip (hopefully not speaking too soon) is i got on the scales yesterday and it said 13st 11. 1st 1lb gain in total. it shocked the life out of me but may have been the kick i needed.

i know i shouldnt have but i felt so good about what i ate yesterday, i hopped back on this morning. 13st 7. must have been a blip! now i can relax and wait until actual weigh in day - friday.

gonna try and spend some time today reading through your diaries! xxx

EDIT: My god. just as I'm back on track - the boss comes back from france with boxes of pastries and belgian waffles!!

Last edited:
Glad to see your finally getting back on track, and makes me happy seeing you eat carbs! :) Sweet pots are divine arent they! :drool:

Have a good day and i hope you resist the pastries etc :giggle: x

Seems much more sensible now to me - well apart from the waffles etc ;)
I can't talk but if you CAN leave the scales alone ..... ? Every day can be soul destroying!!

BTW - if you read my diary you'll be thinking - what is she on about - she eats rubbish! LOL - Weeeeeeel we all know what we SHOULD be doing ;):) xx

Your menu is looking a whole lot more substantial now that you have some carbs added in. To be completely honest, I would have gone off the rails and raided the cupboard with your previous menu's.

Good luck in resisting the goodies.

morning all!

sorry Jan i didn't resist the scales! but they made me happy so its ok for today - was 13st 6 this morning :D its friday's that will count though.

bad end to the day yesterday. i have college on Tues and Thurs evenings so its always tricky, especially with the bloody vending machines. dont get to have dinner until about half 9 so long time to go between meals. i took my granola to college hoping that would do it.

so Dinner was chicken tikka salad, with wholemeal pitta and a sprinkle of mozzerella :(.

in addition to this...
1 packet of "Grab Bag" Quavers
1 thorntons chocolate left over from valentines
1 nature valley granola bar (2bars in a packet)
1 tracker bar

:doh::doh::doh:

however, back on track:

B: apple & blueberry oats so simple with skimmed milk
L: wafer thin honey roasted ham salad & balsamic vinegar

Snacks: apple, banana, ww yoghurt.

Dinner will be stir fry - i've got both prawns and turkey out of the freezer so either one not sure yet!!

Sxxx

Last edited:
carbs carbs carbs! :giggle: You might find yourself a little hungry this evening after eating just what you have done so far but looking ok :)

It's ard init to get a grip and get fully back on track *humph* :sigh: x

i know its so tough!!! i need to get organised. I've got back on track without doing a supermarket trip so i havent got myself organised! i meant to bring a sweet potato to work but forgot!!!

dear oh dear. so did you swim or gym my lovely? xx

I did both!!! Get me! lol

Yeah i havnt done a 'shop' either, just cant afford to right now so ive been living off chicken & veg which i have in the freezer and sf shakes ... so hasnt been too bad.

I think in a way its a good way of testing us - maybe to see if we can still 'do it' without having to spend loads on a shop and get in all this healthy stuff but yet still mess up ... if that makes sense! :giggle:

Im sure we can both crack this :) xxx

thanks Joy, its going ok i think!!

today:

B: Apple and Blueberry Porridge - skimmed milk
L: prawns and noodles, with peppers and onion and chilli

Snacks so far:
Apple.

I have with me a banana and weight watchers yoghurt. got college tonight so am having my lunch later so i wont be as starving through college. gonna try and save my banana until college too.

last nights dinner was thai green curry with turkey and reduced fat coconut milk and 2 tablespoons rice. yum scrum.
and half a bottle of wine - mmmm.

dinner tonight is chilli con carne. may have it without rice as it wont be until about half 9.

Sxxx

Looks good my sweet.

How did you make your green curry? X

Looks good my sweet.

How did you make your green curry? X

i make it the cheat's way i'm afraid!! chicken/turket or prawns into a wok with peppers/onions etc, stirfry them, add in store bought Thai Green Curry Paste, stir fry for a few mins, add tin of reduced fat coconut milk, simmer for about 15mins and scoff :D

And scoff!!!! :rotflmao:

sounds yum, thanks :)

hi everyone!!

Sorry I havent been around again - had my exams last week - thank god they're over but back at college again - work hectic as has some time off for my exams so havent been able to get on here!!

will update sometime soon!

love lots xxx

exams oh heck. l used to binge every time I had an asssigment, so I knopw how hard its is to maintain your weight at these times.

Back