Hello all!

fandango

Hi,

New to the forums and it's good to see all of the progress members are making.

I have had a bit of history with 'diets' over the years, but I always tend to drift back to my old habits of snacking on junk, drinking beer and eating too much processed food.

But, for summer, I want to drop 3 stones. I started at 17st 4lbs and I think that getting to 14st 4lbs is achievable.

I am a naturally 'big' bloke, although not in height. I play rugby for the local union team and I play front row, so I'm fairly squat in appearance and I do go to the gym a fair amount, so I do have some extra muscle/bone mass to consider. I also like to think that (for my weight), I am physically fit - having done a couple of half marathons and plenty of 10k races, although a knee injury has almost put paid to my running.

I am supporting my GF while she does Slimming World as it makes meals easier. I've found it OK so far and haven't had an issue with cravings for bad foods as I've been snacking on fruit and munching a Muller Light every now and then.

So - thanks for reading and I hope to give you all some support in the future :)

All the very best with your weight loss journey, its great that you are supporting your GF, that means alot.
Hopefully with your physical strengths you'll be dropping the lbs in no time.

Thank you. I hope I will be dropping the lbs regularly.

I forgot to mention that my weekly fitness routine is generally...

Monday - gym (weights)
Tuesday - rugby training
Wednesday - rest
Thursday - gym (weights)
Friday - rest
Saturday - rugby match
Sunday - active recovery (walk, bike, jog etc)

Welcome and good luck, it's good to have a goal and I think yours is achievable, especially with the exercise.

Don't forget to measure inches lost as well as pounds, especially as your a
very active

Thank you, Ellen - I have taken my measurements as I'm aware that some weeks might not see a weight loss, but they will see a shape-change :)

Back