Hello and first time here

Courtney12

Hello,

I'm new to the forum and hoping to find some support for losing weight. Sugar is my main problem, I end up eating it nearly every single day and I wish I could just stop! Once I get the taste for it I crave more and more, and hence don't lose any weight.

Being realistic I know I'm not ever going to be super skinny but I'd like to weigh around 134lbs and learn how to maintain it. I've tried eating more protein and cutting out carbs but the moment I think I can't have any bread/pasta etc I start craving it like mad, I also recovered from an eating disorder a few years ago and I know that calorie counting is a trigger to go back into obsessive behaviour. I just need to maintain a healthier way of eating but need support to stick at it.

Having re-read this it seems that maybe I should just accept my weight and my body, but I'd like to be in a more healthy range: I'm currently 5'4" and 146lbs. Would be lovely to hear from you, nice to be here.

Hi Courtney, I didn't want to leave you unanswered, if you obsess over foods and calorie counting have you come across paul McKenna's system? it is probably worth getting advice before you use it with your history but it's much more about thinking about what you really want to eat and why you might be bingeing etc, he actively discourages counting in any way. We are the same height and your start weight is my initial target weight but I'm not sure that is where I will stop, it's been a long time since I was anywhere near the tens and I'm definitely looking for health too. hope you settle in here, I've only been here a few days myself and I'm still finding my way round

Hi Courtney12 and welcome! I too have a problem with sugar and have the worst sweet tooth lol. I'm guessing you've tried using stevia? I find it a bit better than other sweeteners, although it will never taste as good as sugar! Good luck :)

Back