Hello, and first week weigh in.

Dolly2

Hi everyone,
I am a CD returner and successfully lost 2stone to a lovely 10 stone 4 years ago. But due to a serious case of losing the plot and depression I have put 4 stone back on!!! I did also give up smoking in this time (yey :D) change my job to a very sedentary one which is also very isolated and ate to reflect every mood known to mankind :cry::cry::cry::
This weightless has caused me so much internal pain, I hate the way I look. Clothes are a complete nightmare and the last 2 holidays have been awful. I obviously lived in a bubble of denial that occasionally was burst, the most traumatic memory was on holiday last year, I packed all my summer clothes without really thinking and upon arrival was horrified to discover only 2 pairs of shorts and a handful of t shirts fit!!! And I was away for 3 weeks in Bali . So you would have thought on arrival back home my backside would have kicked itself back to a CDC, but alas.....I ate my way through christmas ( we holiday in November) and couldn't break the cycle until now.
So today I have just completed week 1 and lost 8 lbs ;). The first of many. Now I have joined your Christmas challenge and would love to lose 2.5 stone by then, preferably more, but I have my holiday booked for Oct 25th for 3 weeks so that will put a spanner in the works. Now I have mixed emotions about going away. Excited for the rest but nervous at the size of me wobbling on the beach. However I am double determined that I will get back on the wagon as soon as I get back!! My incentives are I am turning 40 next year and want to be fit and 40,, also as a treat for reaching my milestone birthday me and my best mate are going away for a few days in the sun and she has a wonderful figure so I can't stand next to her in swimmers if my body isn't beach ready!!!
I look forward to getting to know you guys over the coming months and for your wisdom, inspiration and support and likewise to offer it all back.
Dolly

Good luck and well done on your loss so far and for sticking with it x

Hi Dolly.
3 years ago I did the lose 4 stone for turning 40. Managed to lose 3 and half, felt great on holiday with friends, managed to keep it off for a couple of years then munched (drank wine - which means cheese and crisps for me and generally grazed continually) over the last 12 months.
Was feeling thoroughly fed up, nothing fits and having to buy a size bigger everytime I shopped made me even lower. Thankfully, something just clicked 4 weeks ago and I managed to get an appointment.
So far, so good. I'm feeling positive, can't help but imagine what lovely clothes I will be able to choose at Christmas time if I stick to it which is helping.
Good luck on your journey.
M x

well done on getting back to cd and on your first weeks loss!
I also did CD 4years ago and lost about 4stone but put 3.5 back on so back on the wagon as of now :)

Thanks everyone for your lovely responses.....yes it has been one hell of a four year foodathon!!! Caught in the cycle of feeling low, eating and drinking my own body weight in wine and rubbish for a ten min uplift, to then come crashing down and feeling ***** again!
I knew it had got out of control 2 years ago when I stopped going out and started shopping in my next town for fear of bumping into anyone I knew and registering the shock on their faces at my " ballooned exterior" :eek:

But I now have my positive head on and I will stop this silliness and concentrate on my self worth and start valuing who I am, the emotive roller coaster stops here.......I have kicked "self doubt" to the curb and let "because your worth it" step aboard :8855:

Good luck girls, this is gonna be one helluver ride!!!!!
Dolly x

Hi Dolly well done on choosing to return to CD it's not an easy decision. Also well done on your huge first week losses. What I find helps me when I'm away is to try to listen to my body and when it's had enough food stop eating, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt. I've read a lot of books on weight loss and I always find them motivating, I also have this weigh loss cd hypno thing and it's really helped me. Then the other thing I have done is a vision board with positive words and images.

Best of luck
Majella

Good idea with the vision board Majella. We should be looking through magazines and catalogues for what we would like to be wearing and make an incentive board. I might get on to that at the weekend.

Back