Hello and please help!

friendlyface

Hi everyone, I have just registered this morning. I am hoping that with support I can lose a stone before Christmas.
At the moment I weigh 142 lbs, which on my little frame is far too much. My weight always goes on my face so there's no clever hiding the extra pounds! At my slimmest (for my wedding) I was 114lbs, but it clearly wasn't a natural weight for me as I couldn't maintain. I think around nine stone (126lbs)may be my perfect weight, and still quite curvy. But I just can't get there!! I've tried every diet on this board, and each time I end up bingeing and putting everything back on again. A stone may seem not much to some people but I'm stuck in such a rut I can't seem to budge a couple of pounds without putting it all back on again. I am feeling sooo down about it all. I look horrible in my clothes and my hair and skin look awful too, probably due to my yo-yoing. I'm going to be 40 next year and don't want to feel like this then!

Sorry to go on, I'd really appreciate some support or help with this and everyone seems really kind on the threads I've read.I work full-time and I have two children, so I don't have much time to myself.
I'm thinking of trying to limit calories, so that I'm not cutting anything out completely (and allowing myself my evening glass of wine!) and doing exercise 3/4 times a week. Does this sound ok?
Hope you can help! Any tips welcomed.

Hi and welcome!

We have all sorts of diets on this forum. WW has a big following and would allow you a glass of wine. As would SW I think. Take a look on these forums and see if there's any tips to help you.

Ultimately there isn't any diet you can do - where if you don't change your eatimng pattern, you'll not regain weight afterwards. Have you thought about low Gi??? Also sign up for Icemooses' inspirational weekly newsletters ...

Welcome Friendlyface! I count calories, and am stuck at just over 10st heading for 9st too!
I've also just signed up for icemoose's newsletter, he always has great advice on here, and is a real inspiration!

Beverley- where's your 'r' gone?...

Last edited:
Thanks to both of you, I have signed up for the motivating newsletters - inspiration is definitely what I need!! I think the problem I had with ww and sw were that the local groups weren't particularly inspirational or friendly, so I didn't have much motivation to turn up on a cold evening when I knew I hadn't lost much! will definitely do the weigh-ins here though.
How do people cope when they've had a bad weekend and know they've gained? this is a real downfall for me - i just used to give up and make everything worse!
munkypooh how have you lost the weight so far?

(I can't really say this without being a hypocrite-but hey.... )

The only way you'll ever get through any diet is to keep on sticking to it even when you've had a week of not losing much weight, or even gained weight without understanding why.....

I'm the worst for going off the deep end when the scales are sticking, but you just have to keep faith!

With regards to how I've lost the weight - I have done EVERYTHING!! Every diet going, exercise DVD's, the gym, blooming obsession! I'm not really a good example of the weight loss process as I've farted around for AGES yo-yoing. Hence my current assertion that I'm not dieting again after my birthday, just maintaining whatever weight I am by then!

Welcome to minimins, our friendly forum. WW is a good choice, u'll have steady weight loss and you'll be able reach ur goal by xmas. Good luck on ur weight loss journey.

Hi freindly face, i like many other have been on lots of differant diets and WW worked for me in the past, but classes were always difficult for me to get to, so switched to Scottish Slimmers, which seems to do the trick for me. Keeping it off....... well I dont think I have quite got there with that one as i have yo-yo'd for a while. Think its about changing your life style for life, which is no easy task! Good luck with your weight loss and this is the best site ever!!
Janey xx

:welcome: to minimins :) Irene is right would sw or ww online be good for you seeing as the classes arnt that good, then you have mini's for support aswell :) x

Welcome to Minimins :)

Back