Hello! Another newbie

Torn_Tranquility

Gold Member
Morning all! Another newbie here.

I've realised that it's time to take control of things, and whilst sorting out the rest of my life, I might as well throw weight into the mix as well. I've always been on the heavy side, although I was very active when I was younger, and did a lot of sport. That sort of fell by the way-side at university, and a combination of alcohol and bad food choices meant that the weight pilled on.

After graduating, I trained as an EFL teacher, and took a job in Nicaragua, in Central America. Changes in diet, combined with a lot more swimming and stress meant that I lost a lot of weight without really trying. I know that I felt a lot better for it, and I don't think I'd actually realised just how much I'd lost until I came home and went shopping.

In the 2 years since I've been back, I've put it back on, plus a bit more. The various "stresses" of Nicaragua have taken their toll on me, and I was really focussing on my mental health. Unfortunately for me, this means that my weight has got out of control again. I do have a fairly healthy diet, and eat a lot of fruit and veg... it's just the extra's, and the lazy meal choices that are my down fall.

Anyway, enough rambling; the long and short of it is that I'm starting Slimming World. I'm going to my first meeting on Thursday, and I'm actually really excited about it! Any hints and tips much appreciated, especially if any pescetarians have done SW.

T_T

Back