Hello! Brand new to everything!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by gemmaer, 11 July 2014.

1. gemmaer

gemmaer Active Member

Hi there,

I have started Slimming World a couple of days ago - going at it on my own because I feel a bit embarrassed going to a group. I am a healthy weight for my height (9 & a half stone) but this is the heaviest I've ever been and I can't fit into my jeans anymore!!
    I feel like my weight loss wouldn't be taken particularly seriously because I'm not 'heavy enough' or something. Might be silly but that's how I feel so am just doing it on my own and looking up syns on here!

Are there any others who feel like this or is it just me!? xxx
  2. holly xxx

holly xxx Well-Known Member

i am sure there are loads of people that feel the same as you.. but you must remember that its all about how you feel about yourself - its important for you to be happy with your weight, so as long as you are aiming for a healthy weight, it doesnt matter if you have a few pounds to lose or a few stone! - when i went to slimmimg world a few years ago i saw lots of people like you, just wanting to shift a little to make themselves feel better - so i say you should go for it !!! xxx