hello everyone,i'm a newbie

xxannxx

hi everyone,my name is ann and i've been doing sf for a week.i lost 4lb and this weeks weigh in is on saturday.finding it great at the min as i was doing sw but got fed up of thinking about food so thought i'd give it a go.now the only thing that is worrying me is that i keep reading that you tend to put all the weight back on once you come off the plan:(,but if this is the case then why do gp's put people on total food replacement plans when their bmi is really high and they have food addictions? any advice or help would be really comforting,many thanks ann xx

Hi Ann, I don't have first hand experience but my mom did Slim Fast a very long time ago and lost the weight. She never put it back on. I haven't been on it very long but I think it is helping me to learn hunger signals and to eat only when I'm hungry. So maybe it is helping me with my food addictions. Only time will tell, but I hope you get something out of it. It has been nice being on here getting the moral support and learning a good deal as well. Best of luck to you.

Welcome to slimfast Ann, hope it goes well for you. I think there is a possibility with ANY diet plan of putting the weight back on once you come off the plan. People that do that haven't changed their attitude towards food whilst being on the diet and go back to their old habits and bad ways. I did slimfast a few years ago and lost 3 1/2 stone, I got to a stage where I couldn't carry on dieting for personnal reasons for a while, then got back on track but was never in the right frame of mind to carry on. I ended up giving up and put two stone back on :( But this time I'm in a totally different place mentally and I'm starting to think differently about food, being more aware, eating more consciously and eating a lot healthier foods.

You need to not think of it as a diet for a set period of time, then being able to eat what you want, as that just won't work. It's more like a whole lifestyle change. I am planning on staying on slimfast until I get somewhere near my goal (prob when I have about 10-14lb to go) then I'll move onto calorie counting to get me ready for maintanence, which is the important bit as that is the key to keeping your new weight. I'm no expert on maintanence as I've never done it (lol!) but it's all a big learning curve for us all, and we can get there.

Last edited:
Yes speaking out of experience Denise lol!

Hi Ann, what Stirky has said is spot on. I'm about 16lb off where I want to be and I only use SF now when I have to grab something quick. I am learning how to eat now, not just calories but carbs and protiens. I was sorried about putting the weight back on when I first started SF but now I have changed my eating habits. Mainly because I have learned that I can not go back to old ways, and partly because I hate dieting. I think that alone is enough for me not to put the weight back on. I exercise a lot and plan to carry on doing that for the rest of my life. I think that will also help me to maintain.

Back