Hello Everyone - Newbie Introduction

Soel

Final Time on Cambridge
Hello everyone :wave_cry:

I’m afraid to say I’ve been ‘lurking’ on this forum for a while and I want to thank everyone who posts as it has given me invaluable advice and support at the start of my weight loss journey. I’m gaining a bit more confidence now so I have deceived to introduce myself and start posting.

My username ‘Soel’ is taken from letters of my two daughters’ names (my real name is Lisa but I’m not sure of the protocol for this lark so if it’s supposed to secret, hey-ho). I’m 36 and I’ve done SW, WW and Rosemary Conley in the past. They are all good diets but I feel that I have never got to the root cause of my problem relationship with food. I am determined that this time will be different. I am going to work very hard on the psychological aspect of my over-eating, otherwise I know I will gain weight as before.

This is my 38th day SSing and found the diet to be very liberating – not having to worry about what I am going to eat, plan the menu etc, etc. Don’t get me wrong, I have had my ups and downs. The first week’s headaches were bad, but I think this was exacerbated by the fact that I was withdrawing from caffeine as well (I don’t like black coffee or tea – I know I’m a fussy so and so). Bad breath is always an issue to keep on top of – I use Listerine strips and breath sprays to keep it at bay. I had an issue with constipation in the second week, but used a couple of phylium husk tablets from Holland and Barratt for a few days, and with a bit more water this seems to have done the trick.

On a positive note, I feel better than I have done in ages. In fact I weighed myself this morning and I am lighter than my husband for the first time in years – YEH.

Sorry for rambling on and I wish everyone the best of luck with their journey – we’re going to crack this weight loss and maintenance this time!!

Last edited:
Hello!! :D
Really glad you've started posting, everyone is so friendly here :)

What a great post and what a great start to your jouney - you're halfway there already!! :D

Congratulations on making the best decision of your life! lol

Welcome Soel... good to have you on the forum! You've done so well already, but you're right, the support and advice on here can make all the difference... see you around!
xxx

Hi Lisa well done on your weight loss so far. Ive been on CD for 30 days and lost 20lbs I have done all the other diets going but feel positive now and will keep going, summers not far away.

Sharronx

Thank you emma237, Purple Hugs and Katycake, you've made me feel very welcome.

Hi sharrond, thanks for your reply. You've done fantastic! CD really does feel so different to the other diets - it's so good to get fast results to keep positive. Roll on summer!

Lisa x

Hiya [STRIKE]Lisa [/STRIKE]Soel
(my real name is Lisa but I’m not sure of the protocol for this lark so if it’s supposed to secret, hey-ho).

I wont tell a soul....your secret is safe with me
secret2.gif

This is my 38th day SSing and found the diet to be very liberating –

Well done :clap: Great diet isn't it!

Thanks for all your lovely messages, this forum is great!

Hi Lisa and welcome to the forum,you have done so well,you should be really proud of yourself,glad you decided to join us
xx

Hiya,
Andju, just wanted to say wow to the photos... you look amazing!!!
xxx

How can you not see it, honey? You look amazing! I hate how our heads take so long to catch up with the changes happening to our bodies... but the evidence is right there in the photo!
xxx

How can you not see it, honey? You look amazing! I hate how our heads take so long to catch up with the changes happening to our bodies... but the evidence is right there in the photo!
xxx
Well hun,its really odd,its like when I put that photo on I was going to say...this makes me look smaller than I am,then I thought hang on,when I had photos taken when I was big,i didnt think I was that big,dont get me wrong,I can see it on the photos,but when I look in the mirror I really dont,when I put on a pair of size 20 trousers to see how much id lost they were huge on me and my hubby said,i never saw you as big so I think its that as we are seeing ourselves every day its like someone else who sees you every day they dont notice you getting bigger or smaller,does that make sense?
Anyway thankyou hun
xx

I do know what you mean. I wasn't always big, and for a while I didn't realize how badly out of control the weight thing had got, but in the end you have to face it... for years and years now I have just seen this big, solid, ugly body that didn't feel like me... but was. Now that three stone has gone, my shape has changed again but I can't quite believe it - it's only when others comment that it really sinks in. But in some ways it is like getting myself back... and that is a great feeling.

I am not going back to those days, not ever.

Hugs,
xxx

Back