Hello everyone

happymoocow

Hello everyone!:happy036:

I've been reading the forums for a wee while now, and decided to join. I have a massive amount of weight to lose........ to be honest, I'm not even sure how much - at least half my bodyweight anyway. I've been obese pretty much since my early teens (I'm 29 now). I've tried lots of diets such as WW, Scottish Slimmers, Slimfast too many to mention really, and I haven't stuck at one of them!:eek:

I've decided now is the time to change. My weight has always bothered me, but not to such an extent that I stuck at any diets, but I found myself unable to even walk to the end of my street without being in pain and short of breath. Anyway, I decided this year is it, and I started on the 2nd of Jan. I think I'm winning the mental battle, so now it's just the physical one! I haven't been weighing myself, I think I'd find it too daunting. I've been measuring my success with my trusty belt! I am now 3 spaces in (I hope that makes sense).

I'm not really following any set diet, just cut out everything really except for cereal, skimmed milk, fruit, veg and chicken or fish. I've also started following an exercise DVD for 15 mins twice a day. I've already felt a huge difference when I'm walking so I feel very positive!

I wish everyone success with their diets, and I hope to make some new friends! Thanks.

Hello! I'm new here too - lots and lots of luck and goodwill on your journey - sounds like you are off to a great start! I know what you mean about the belt measure, it's a good, visual guide to how well you are doing! :rainbow:

Hi and welcome. I also had and still have a lot to lose but cut it into small mini targets. Seems more manageable.

Good luck

Irene xx

Welcome to the forum I love your username, good luck on your weightloss journey look forward to hearing how you are getting along

welcome! I'm new too. Don't worry, there's lots of us out there who have a lot of weight to lose. i'm personally trying to get down to 134... from 234.
You can do it! I have faith in you! :)

I think you'll be even more inspired if you just weigh yourself! did you know how much you weighed before you started?
Personally, I had no idea how much I weighed for the longest time - try 5 years. I hadn't weighed myself since I was 13!! but the other day, I decided enough was enough and just went ahead! Now, I'm really excited to weigh myself again (I'm waiting until I go back to my home town so that I can use the same scale!) to see how far I've come! maybe it could be a big motivation for you! :)

Thank you everyone for the lovely welcome! Sorry I've taken so long to reply. I wish you all luck too. We can do this!!:character00238:

Wishing you every success! I know only too well what it's like to struggle with sticking at it. I have a few failed diets behind me, but I'm going to do it this time.

:party0019: (I looked for a cheerleader - this is nearest I could find... or this *\o/*) :D

Good luck - you can do it!

Back