Hello everyone :)

Karuru

Hello everyone, i'm new here and a bit nervous, but also i'm not sure what to say so i'll outline some aims or worries :)
My aim is to live a healthier lifestyle and get into a good routine for adulthood or when i leave my parents house for universitiy or just when i leave the house.
I have a huge weakness for desserts, in a day i could eat 5-6 chocolate bars or just eat desserts all day, as in i buy them without telling my parents while i'm in town :S , but also eat the meals they cook.

I'm a bit worried i might have diabetes, because my father said i eat too much sugar and he tested me with a home-kit and i have low blood sugar (but i had already eaten a chocolate yorkie bar, 2 cups of hot cocolate, toffee pecan danish swirl and a kit-kat) the result was 3.7 and the average is 4.0 - 7.0 (without eating anything beforehand).
This was only a one time test though, so it may have been wrong.
However i'm not too keen to go to the doctors or tell my parents my worries, my dad also has diabetes.

I'm not sure if this is what i'm supposed to write in introductions, but also nice to meet you all :3

Last edited:
Hi Karuru, I'd go and have a look around the various forums and decide on a plan you think is healthy and would suit you. Welcome and good luck.

Ah, and as your going to Uni, one that you can afford. ;)

Back