Hello from a newbie

tweetypi

Hi everyone, I have started 2 days ago on the slimming world diet, tried it a few years ago and lost weight with it. Have started again as really need to make changes in my life I currently weigh 20st, I cannot believe it. Im hoping to reach 10st. I know its going to be a tough journey. I hope I can get lots of advice as Im pretty desperate to lose the weight now. :)

Hello. You seem to be in a aimilar position to me, ive also just joined sw and have the same goal almost. My plan is mini targets to keep me motivated x

Hi everyone,i started WW last week but im doing it by myself and thought i would join this forum as everyone seems so helpful and supportive.Here's to a wonderful 2012 where this weight is going to go for good.

Hi everyone, I have started 2 days ago on the slimming world diet, tried it a few years ago and lost weight with it. Have started again as really need to make changes in my life I currently weigh 20st, I cannot believe it. Im hoping to reach 10st. I know its going to be a tough journey. I hope I can get lots of advice as Im pretty desperate to lose the weight now. :)

Hi tweetypi and :welcome2:

tweetypi and emma_k -

Feel free to join some (or all) of the challenges on the SW forum. There's one for Valentine's Day, Easter and Summer. All you need to do is to decide how much weight you're aiming to lose by the target date, add your name to the list in alphabetical order and update your weight after weigh in day. Great fun and loads of support. :scale:

Hi Tweety and well-done for starting on this journey! My only advice (and this is from someone who started nearly 2 stone heavier than you 13 years ago!!) would be to set your sights in the near-term. Focus on 10% of your body weight as a loss at a time. 1/2 of your total body weight as a loss goal is a lot to aim for and any little slip can easily result in a "screw it" what does a few pounds mean?? But limiting each goal to 10% means the impact is greater and so you give any slip more thought.

Just a suggestion from someone who's been there. Stayed at 20 stone for AGES in my 20's (that was my "normal" weight - and only when I gained to nearly 2 more stone, did I realise a change was required.)

I wish you all the best and GOOD LUCK!!!

Back