Hello from Rainy Wales

Hi, after dipping into this forum for a while now and being thankful for syn replies, I have finally decided to join the forum. Been on Slimming World plan(no group, doing it alone) since May and only 2 pounds(or 1- I weigh myself tomorrow!)away from target No2 (2 stone loss). First encountered Slimming World about 20 years ago and I went to a group for about 3 weeks and went it alone- some people prefer this and I hold my hand up to this. Having a steady weight loss and setting my own targets, syn allowance and guidelines. I don't obsessively count every syn..as long as 6/7 days I eat in between 5-10 and on day 7 have a flexible day, it works. I found that hula hooping helps me lose weight off my midriff/bottom/thighs and it is one of the few types of exercise which I love and stick to. I consider myself to be quite weird when it comes to my weight - 15 years ago I was 9 stone and a size 14. This year in May I was 3 pounds shy of 14 stone and could mostly get into 16's, sometimes 18's. I just don't get where the 5 stone is being stored:)Despite being a veggie I do eat really healthily with the' naughties' like anyone else did but the weight just crept on.I love nuts but have cut these well down. As a blessing though, have rediscovered Quorn and am hooked again. Slimming World always works for me! Anyhoooo, I will contributing to this forum in many ways hopefully. Until recently I had been a manager of a health shop for the past 10 years and so healthy living/ eating was part of my way of being and as you will soon find out, I am a font of knowledge and advice.
Slimming World is amazing. I have researched into it, studied the pyschology etc. and I am always happy to recommend it. The only problem I have is the continual plugging of artificial sweeteners in cakes etc. These have been shown to be dangerous in large quantities, change into nasty products in your body and taste yukky. Personally, I would a) have a normal slice of cake and not beat myself up over it or b) use stevia which is natural AND calorie free..happy bunnies all round :)
My fave foods for the plan are a bowl of Easiyo skimmers yogurt with local honey (1 syn) and Asda meat free meatballs with pasta(can't believe how low syns they are for the WHOLE packet).Been looking for Laughing Cow blue cheese for months but didn't sell it locally- they have just released a light one at 25 cals a triangle..in Asda! tried it yesterday and am in bliss as it's total yumminess. Well, this is my intro, I am a conversationalist and am looking forward to sharing and caring:)

Back