hello im new and im stuck with sw

scoobydoo2009

hi i am new to this site and in need of your help please.
i have used slimming world a few times and been sucessful but not this time,
i loose 2lbs one week then put it back on the week after!

iv done the usual weighed everything,cut out drinking in the week,and wrote down everything i eat,but still im not getting anywhere.

i dont need to loose a lot of weight im currently 9.10stone,i started back at slimming world in june 09 weighing 10.01 stone,i know most of you are thinking omg i should be happy but im not happy and i feel fed up with myself,

i mainly do green days,baked beans,tinned toms,fruit poached eggs,roasted peppers etc mmm.

can anyone advise me where i maybe going wrong,or is my body telling me its happy,lol

thankyou;)

Hello and welcome!

Firstly, I will say that yes...you haven't got much to lose and when it's like that, things often go more slowly. So you shouldn't be expecting 2lbs a week...

Some questions...

• Do you have your healthy extras?
  • How many syns are you having? You might not be having enough calories!
  • Do you drink lots and lots of water/sugar free cordial?
  • Are you varying what you eat?
  • How about exercise - I find that now I'm about a stone from target, exercising is really helping weight loss!
How about posting your food diary here for us all to have a look at. I'm sure we'll be able to help you!

a typical day for me is
breakfast
2 slices of wholemeal toast,1 tin of baked beans and 2 poached eggs

lunch
1 banana and a muller light yogurt

dinner
roast veg,peppers mushroom and onion,
1 packet of pasta and sauce

sins
1 time out finger,
i use my milk allowance for cups of tea with sweetex.
i exercise daily with walking to and from work,i also go to workout classes a couple of times a week,

i do seem to be stuck on green days and most days are the same tbh

Is the bread from a wholemeal 400g loaf? 2 slices = 1HEXb - you're allowed 2 on green remember

The milk amount? - 2HEXa's used or just one? - you're allowed 2 on green remember.

Is the pasta'n'sauce a "free" one?

Maybe you could eat more speed foods, veggie snacks or melon, strawberries etc. - these could help speed up the loss a bit?

Good advice given about the amount of water you drink too!

I'd try to vary what you're eating a bit and try not to get bored with the same things?

I don't think it's as easy as you get nearer target weight, I'm struggling a bit too but I'm determined to get there!

Best o'luck'n'stuff!

im having prob 4-6 cups of tea a day

not sure if thats enough????

sins im trying not to have many.
a timeout finger,a blue ribbon g&t wine
i try to have one of the above per day again not sure if thats enough???

Do you have any snacks? Your food diary shows very little food, especially at lunchtime. You could actually be eating too little.

you dont seem to be eating much! i would starve if i were u, and that is what i think is happening for u, your body is in starvation mode and just storing all u eat, you need to kick start your metabolism again, also try lemon juice with hot water first thing in the morning x x hth eat a bit more!

Is the bread from a wholemeal 400g loaf? 2 slices = 1HEXb - you're allowed 2 on green remember

The milk amount? - 2HEXa's used or just one? - you're allowed 2 on green remember.

Is the pasta'n'sauce a "free" one?

Maybe you could eat more speed foods, veggie snacks or melon, strawberries etc. - these could help speed up the loss a bit?

Good advice given about the amount of water you drink too!

I'd try to vary what you're eating a bit and try not to get bored with the same things?

I don't think it's as easy as you get nearer target weight, I'm struggling a bit too but I'm determined to get there!

Best o'luck'n'stuff!

yes wholemeal bread,tasty wholemeal 800g loaf oops
pasta &sauce made with water i have the broccoli one and the cheese one they are free arnt they???
i love strawberries i keep picking a punnet up when im walking back from school,lol,mm

I would totally agree with Teresa. Where is the food at lunchtime?? Your body is probably trying to reserve the energy from the little food it is getting and it does this by really slowing down your metabolism. i consider things like pasta and sauce as a snack food to eat when i am peckish. You need proper food like a big bowl of pasta with a tomato and lots of vegetable sauce. I think you need to add a lot more food to give your metabolism a kick xx

i must admit sometimes i am hungry but not sure what to eat,i usually fancy a sarny but if iv used my daily allowance that will be sins wont it?

hhm i am struggling im not very adventurous either,:(

you should never be hungry on SW as the whole purpose of the diet is to eat until you are satisfied. take some cooked pasta to work with you for lunch. If you have access to a microwave Uncle bens 2 minute rice is brilliant and only has a couple of syns for the whole packet. I also nibble on quorn sausages or a hard boiled egg. 2 ryvita are only 3 syns and you are aloowed 15 a day so get munching and enjoying feeling full again xx

Definitely eat more! More fruit, more veg, more free foods. Make sure you eat regular meals and snacks are crucial!!

And...5 or 6 cups of tea is nowhere near enough fluid! You need at least a litre + of water or no-added-sugar cordial...

right so if i up my water intake shouldnt be hard i can have a bottle in my bag.

i work in a kitchen at breaks the others usually have 2 slices of white toast,
so iv not been having that iv been taking a banana or an alpen light bar.i only work 3 hrs a day so usually have lunch when i get home.

i want to make a shopping list but i dont know what to buy tbh,
i could have bran flakes for brecky,and more fruit,pasta,then im stuck,i like chicken,mince and bacon but thats it for meat.

there are oodles of recipes on here. Spaghetti carbonara is one of my favouirtes. Cook spaghetti drain and return to saucepan, add beaten eggs mixed with fat free fromage frais and chopped cooked bacon. If you haven't had you HEA then you could put grated cheeseson the top it is yum. What is wrong with roast chicken dinner with lots of vegies and SW roast potatoes. Make double portions and then have the rest the next day. Have a look at peoples diaries on the diary section here. it is very inspiring.Do you get the magazine, you could try their 7 day plan so you get some ideas.

there are oodles of recipes on here. Spaghetti carbonara is one of my favouirtes. Cook spaghetti drain and return to saucepan, add beaten eggs mixed with fat free fromage frais and chopped cooked bacon. If you haven't had you HEA then you could put grated cheeseson the top it is yum. What is wrong with roast chicken dinner with lots of vegies and SW roast potatoes. Make double portions and then have the rest the next day. Have a look at peoples diaries on the diary section here. it is very inspiring.Do you get the magazine, you could try their 7 day plan so you get some ideas.

i have looked at the mag but not eveything in there i like to eat.
im going shopping tonight so im going to take a shopping list with me,defo going to do some cooked dinners,my hubby likes them as well,lol,

do i have to buy 400g loaf of wholemeal bread and not the 800g?

any tips for my shopping list?

oh and a big thankyou for all of your help so far,thankyou:553:

so far today
breakfast
a muller light yogurt,with a banana,apple,strawberries.
and half litre of water

11's
a boiled egg on a small white breadcake,

just got in and gonna have lunch,fetch kids and nip to tesco's,

Hi and welcome,

remember with the slimming world menu plans that you don't have to follow them exact for every day. Mix and match the breakfast, lunch and dinners you like and remove the ones you don't.

Looking at your original post your breakfast was really good apart from the size of your bread (has to be from a 400gr loaf).

You definitely need to eat more for lunch though, and for dinner/tea. The idea for slimming world is to (almost) stuff yourself on free foods (Green days - pasta, potatoes, rice, grains, etc) including plenty of fruit and veg.

You should be aiming to drink around 2 litres of water/sugarfree squash everyday. Try not to drink too much water at once, small sips throughout the day are better than 1/2 lt in one go. Tea and coffee are funny when it comes to hydration, you only really get 1 cup of liquid per 3 cups of beverage.

Good luck with your weight loss.

Toni. x

My first impression is your are deffinately not eating enough. Your body has probably gone into strarvation mode and is hanging on to the fat.

Your bread should be 2 slices from a 400g loaf so if you are having 2 from an 800g loaf you need to syn a slice.

Where is your lunch? yog and banana isn't anywhere near enough. Eat girl Eat!!

Up your water/drinks too, thats really important.

Vary your meals and include as much free/super free foods as possible, keep the food going by munching all day.

I'm sure it will start to move again soon if you take on board our suggestions.

Good luck.

Back