Hello, I'm new and need a boost!

Hello everyone, I'm looking for a bit of inspiration. I've been lurking for a little while and have seen so many fantastic success stories!
Ten years ago I was a fit gym bunny enjoying regular step and martial arts classes but over the years that fell by the wayside and I'm now far from fit or active and my size shows it! I'm constantly trying diets and losing a bit and then getting complacent and putting it back on. My hubby and I have been doing atkins since Christmas and I’ve lost a stone, however the weight loss seems to have stopped even tho I’m still sticking to the diet. I’ve started doing Zumba on the Wii but want to do some other exercise as well. I’ve done a bit of research looking at 30 day shred and others like that and think I’d like to try some form of kettle bell exercise as it looks like it gives quick results. Kettlercise and Kettleworx are a bit expensive for me so was thinking of starting with the 10 Minute Kettlebell DVD and a 4kg weight. Can anyone advise on whether this is a good option for me and what else I can do to get the weight coming off again? I’m really disheartened by the fact that I’m sticking to it and nothing seems to be happening now……I really don’t want to start putting on the weight again as I have two small children and don’t want to be the fat mum at sports day!!! Thanks in advance for any comments
:eek:

The 30 day shred is REALLY good and would definitely say go for it, I've been debating kettlebells myself.

Welcome and good luck!

Hi mary, why not come over to the atkins part of the board. Lots of help and advice there. Seems that week 3/4 people often have a little plateau - if stick with it usually starts moving again:) and sometimes with a nice whoosh!

30 day shred is meant to be very good! I bought it cause it was no.1 on a fitness dvd countdown in a magazine. I'll eventually start it one day!

I have been doing the 30 Day Shred for the past few weeks and I think it is really good - the fact that each level is only 20 minutes long helps! Also my 12 year old daughter has decided that she is my personal trainer and makes sure that I do the DVD and also go running with her!

well hopefully as its only 20 mins I should be able to fit it in. my daughters only 2 but I can see her as a personal trainer! :) I'm trying to do a walk every lunch time in work so good to hear it works.

Back