Hello I'm new

ruth43

Soon to be Slim
Hi, just wanted to say hello, I've been lurking for a few days and reading everyone's posts. You all seem so friendly and helpful so I thought I would join you if that's OK?

I'm Ruth, I'm 43 from Essex, I'm a single mum to two girls and this is day 11 of Induction for me. I can't help myself so I weigh everyday, I lost 4lb in the first 2 days and then I kept putting on 1/4 or 1/2 lb and then losing it the next day. So basically until yesterday, when I changed what I was eating I had only lost 4lb in 10 days. I was really disappointed but I'm not giving up, I can't I've got a holiday in June to Majorca and I can't go looking like this. I did Atkins years ago and lost 7lb in 7 days but gave up after a 2 weeks, but now I seem to be more creative in the kitchen and can cook, I couldn't then, LOL.

I'm only 5 ft 1 and I now weigh 11 stone 12.5 lbs . My goal weight is 8 1/2 stone or less, I used to weigh 7 and 1/2 stone. I was doing Weight Watchers before Atkins, on and off and in total to date I have lost 16lb, I thought that could be why I have had a slow loss on Atkins because I have being dieting already, what do you think? OR could it be that I've had a throat infection since Saturday or that I don't have enough sleep, I get about 6 hours of broken sleep a night but really I need about 9 hours a night.

Anyway, I was eating fried eggs and bacon everyday, I was weighing my veg but finding it hard to make it to 12g everyday but I was eating more than 3 cups, I was having cream and eating the mock cheesecake most days and on a couple of days, blue cheese dressing made with cream. I was drinking diet lemonade with sucralose but NO aspartame. I was eating loads of cauliflower as a side to my meals or mixed with eggs to a make an omelette. BUT, yesterday I decided I would experiment and cut it all out and woe and behold I lost a pound.

This is what I eaten/eating today, and similar to yesterday, could you please check and tell me what you think, thanks.

Breakfast: 4 slices salami, 2 slices swiss cheese and a little bit of Mim spread with cream cheese with a 2 tsps of lime juice, I'm eating the rest of the spread and Mim throughout the day and for desert tonight.

Lunch: about 2 cups of romaine lettuce and cucumber, made a blue cheese dressing with 2 tbsp of mayonnaise, 1/2 tsp djorn mustard and 20g blue cheese, egg mayo made with 2 eggs with 1 tbsp mayonnaise. 2 slices salami, 1 slice swiss cheese.

Dinner: Loads of roast chicken, 1 cup lettuce with remainder of blue cheese dressing.

To drink: only water, I don't drink tea or coffee, that's why I crave a diet drink but I've just bought some fizzy water so I will have that instead.

Looking forward to posting on the boards and getting to know you all better.
Ruth

hello, and welcome *waves*

I'm definitly not the best person to ask, but you seem to be eating the right things. I find it had to get my 12g carbs from veg, but i eat salad with my lunch and cauli or something similar with my dinner (def 3 mugs during the course of the day). I have absolutely no idea what mock cheesecake is tho, so I must know - cheesecake is my favourite thing EVER! hehe!

Can I suggest not weighing yourself everyday? Peoples weight changes on a daily basis, I had lost 4lbs the other day, but on weight-in I had only lost 2. Probably a mixture of water intake, food, time of day etc etc (at least thats what im putting it down to!)

You'll do fine. This is my 8th day, so I will do my best to keep my eye on you and see how you're getting on seeing as we're on the same stage

Good luck, and hide the scales! ;)

Claire xx

Hi Ruth, welcome:)

Take a look at the what we are eating thread for food inspiration and also the recipe sticky. I find that I'm eating more veg than ever - love Atkins :D

hi show your girls that you can do it !! welcome but leave the diet lemonade alone xx

Hi Ruth and welcome love :)

Hi darling. You are doing fine. Enjoy it. If you are going to weigh yourself every day, do it at the same time wearing the same thing, then you can see over the space of a week how the weight fluctuates. Mine is all over the place, well withing a few pounds anyway.

Take care and good luck.

welcome x

Back