Hello! - New to Minimims.com

18st2lb

Hello all!
Last night I weighed myself. I weighed 18stone 2pounds. I’ve been aware for a long time that my weight has been increasing but it has once again got to a point where I’ve stopped weighing myself and just hoped I will find a quick fix.
About 2 years ago using Lipotrim I got down from 18stone 11pounds to 16stone 3pounds in 5 weeks. I felt great. I looked great. But lately ever since I’ve slowly piled it back on. I’m less confident. I’m unhappy and I don’t feel I can do anything until I lose some weight again. I’d love to be skinny and thin but I’ve resigned myself to the fact that I’m not active enough to do that. Being big all my life meant I’ve no real interest in sport and I hate the gym. But I would be happy at about 15stone. I’m sure once I get to that I’ll aim for lower but at the moment 15 is my target. Before tonight I’ve always used quick fixes. I’ve been looking at Stackers for weeks. Thinking about Lipotrim. Herbalife. Lighterlife. Now I realise that it’s all wrong and I need to readdress the relationship I have with food the hard way. I’ve got amazing will power to not eat at all on Lipotrim, but I have no restraint in normal circumstance. So I need to teach myself to have some.
As of tomorrow I’m once again turning over a new leaf. But this time I want help and support from an online community of people trying to do the same. I have my family but they are too nice and don’t understand. They wont tell me to stop eating or that I’m doing wrong, but I figure if I write it I’ll see it for myself.
So today at 1.53 on 27th November 2010 I’m a 22 year old male and I weigh 18st 2lb. I’m asthmatic, I have high blood pressure and I feel uncomfortable. I carry the weight ok but I’m only 5.10 tall so not amazingly. I want to be slimmer.
It’s my birthday in about 6 weeks. I would LOVE to be 17st exact by that point. But I’m skint at present so I can’t afford the gym. We’ve got a Wii and I’m going to walk as much as possible. I’m also going to set myself some meal requirements on here and then report back on whether I’ve stuck to it or not. I’m going to weigh myself once a week either a Friday night or Saturday morning.
Today I will ONLY eat:
Breakfast – 50 g porridge and a banana with a cup of tea (no sugar)
Snack – An apple and celery stick with a pint of water
Lunch – Drained tuna with salad and BBQ sauce and a pint of water
Snack – A Satsuma and a pint of water
Dinner – Lamb vegetable stew and small serving of rice with natural yogurt and a pint of water
I’m expecting to feel VERY hungry. I always try to stick to this in my head but I sneak in a biscuit with a cup of tea or a small sandwich whilst I cook my lunch!
I've started keeping an online food diary and will be writing a blog on here.
WISH ME LUCK! (I’ll need it)
Z

x

Hi there and welcome.

Firstly congrats on the determination but ...... If you are expecting to feel hunger you are already setting yourself up for trouble. Reduce the amount slowly so your stomach is shrinking but not painfully so. Hunger and the feeling of deprivation is IMO the biggest deal breakers...don't make a hard journey even harder for yourself.

Fill up on plenty of veg, its low calorie and healthy. Fruits good but the sugar levels can be very high.

If you consider yourself to be calorie counting come and join us on that board...be more than welcome.

Good luck

Thanks for the replies!

Found today a lot easier than I thought I would to be honest. Admittedly I woke up a little later than usual but water seems to have been a big help all day.

I'll definately be coming over to the calorie forum!

x

Hi, welcome. Good luck with your weight loss.

18st2lb said:
Hello all!
Last night I weighed myself. I weighed 18stone 2pounds. I’ve been aware for a long time that my weight has been increasing but it has once again got to a point where I’ve stopped weighing myself and just hoped I will find a quick fix.
About 2 years ago using Lipotrim I got down from 18stone 11pounds to 16stone 3pounds in 5 weeks. I felt great. I looked great. But lately ever since I’ve slowly piled it back on. I’m less confident. I’m unhappy and I don’t feel I can do anything until I lose some weight again. I’d love to be skinny and thin but I’ve resigned myself to the fact that I’m not active enough to do that. Being big all my life meant I’ve no real interest in sport and I hate the gym. But I would be happy at about 15stone. I’m sure once I get to that I’ll aim for lower but at the moment 15 is my target. Before tonight I’ve always used quick fixes. I’ve been looking at Stackers for weeks. Thinking about Lipotrim. Herbalife. Lighterlife. Now I realise that it’s all wrong and I need to readdress the relationship I have with food the hard way. I’ve got amazing will power to not eat at all on Lipotrim, but I have no restraint in normal circumstance. So I need to teach myself to have some.
As of tomorrow I’m once again turning over a new leaf. But this time I want help and support from an online community of people trying to do the same. I have my family but they are too nice and don’t understand. They wont tell me to stop eating or that I’m doing wrong, but I figure if I write it I’ll see it for myself.
So today at 1.53 on 27th November 2010 I’m a 22 year old male and I weigh 18st 2lb. I’m asthmatic, I have high blood pressure and I feel uncomfortable. I carry the weight ok but I’m only 5.10 tall so not amazingly. I want to be slimmer.
It’s my birthday in about 6 weeks. I would LOVE to be 17st exact by that point. But I’m skint at present so I can’t afford the gym. We’ve got a Wii and I’m going to walk as much as possible. I’m also going to set myself some meal requirements on here and then report back on whether I’ve stuck to it or not. I’m going to weigh myself once a week either a Friday night or Saturday morning.
Today I will ONLY eat:
Dinner – Lamb vegetable stew and small serving of rice with natural yogurt and a pint of water
I’m expecting to feel VERY hungry. I always try to stick to this in my head but I sneak in a biscuit with a cup of tea or a small sandwich whilst I cook my lunch!
Z

x

Hi and good luck with your weight loss journey you can do it :)

18st2lb said:
Hello all!
Today I will ONLY eat:
Z

x

Hi and good luck with your weight loss journey :) you can do it!

hey hun, i liked your post sounds a lot like me, i went from 21 stone to 11 stone 2 years ago on lipotrim and maintained my figure for 2 years then i split with my partner and i am now back up to 16 stone 10, its so depressing an makes u feel unhappy as i know what its like to be slim with confidence, however im back on the wagon myself and trying my best, good luck let me know how u go xx

hi welcome to minimins good luck with the calorie counting can't be bothered with it myself i like a plan that takes no effort and that i don't go hungry on lol :)

Thanks! It's been going well. Lost 10lbs in week one and had before and it seems another 2 has disappeared!

I've found that by the time I sit and work out how many calories are in something that's bad for me, I'm done with wanting it! haha

hey hun, i liked your post sounds a lot like me, i went from 21 stone to 11 stone 2 years ago on lipotrim and maintained my figure for 2 years then i split with my partner and i am now back up to 16 stone 10, its so depressing an makes u feel unhappy as i know what its like to be slim with confidence, however im back on the wagon myself and trying my best, good luck let me know how u go xx

Wow you did amazing on lipotrim! Have you decided to start LT again? When I tried a second time I only lasted 2 weeks. I've been looking at the Dukan diet, you should have a look at it seems really good!

Wow well done losing 10lbs!!!! I'm aiming for 5lbs this week. I weigh in on Monday morning. Haven't tried to the fullest extent so I don't think I'll lose any more than that. It's great you've come here, keep up the good work!! If you want any help with easy tasty recipes then give me a shout over on my diary :) xxx

hey hun, no i havent decided to do lipotrim again because i was so ill after lipotrim i was on it for 7 months, didnt cheat once, came off it, started eating healthy meals and a couple months later started feeling very ill whenever i ate food, found out i had stomach ulcer due to the diet and low iron levels and it took a while for me to get better i couldnt even keep water down sometimes. so i cudnt ever do that again, im just looking at the website of dukan diet now hun, will let u know wot i think, i am doing slimmers world at the moment but i find it Veryyyy slow coming off but i suppose thats the best way :eek: x

Back