Hello, new today

iowsara

Hi everyone

Although I've been an (inactive) Minimins member for a while I'm new to WW. I've signed up for online membership today after years and years and years of doing Slimming World on and off. I know SW inside out so to change to WW is going to be a bit strange, but as I'm still very overweight I thought maybe I should try something new.

If anyone has any tips or advice they'd be very welcome, as would a bit of a shove to get me and keep me on track :)

Sara :)

hi sara

all the best for your weight loss journey. propoints is great and works but my advice is to track EVERYTHING, even if you are out scribble it down on a piece of paper so you do not miss anything!

xx

Hi, I've just swapped this week too. I felt that perhaps I knew SW too well and needed a change.
I'm finding it less difficult than I expected to switch, just make sure you write everything down and you can't go go wrong. No A, B, syns, 1/3 superfree to think about!

Good luck xx

I have floated between sw and ww for the last few years but have stuck with new pro points since jan as it's more realistic! Love it and have found that having portion control is helping my stomach to shrink :)

Love it and have found that having portion control is helping my stomach to shrink :)

Thats what I want to hear! :) Portion control is my biggest downfall as my food intake is pretty healthy. But I love food & during childhood I had to clear my plate at every meal so now I'm having to change my mindset. :(

Boo said:
Thats what I want to hear! :) Portion control is my biggest downfall as my food intake is pretty healthy. But I love food & during childhood I had to clear my plate at every meal so now I'm having to change my mindset. :(

Me too!! I find it hard when looking after my nephew to stop insisting he does the same. Weighing and actually paying attention to portions is the only downside to ww but more realistic than sw. I could've eaten (and did!) two steaks at a time- my oh commented on how that was wrong and I argued about how it was 'free'. Oh the shame!

I could've eaten (and did!) two steaks at a time- my oh commented on how that was wrong and I argued about how it was 'free'. Oh the shame!

:D:D:D

Oh this made me laugh!

hiya im new to ww this week too, now in 2nd day and come from sw. im loving it and hope to see a huge difference when i get on those scales on sat next week x
goodluck xxx

Thanks everyone, glad to see there are some other ex-SW'ers about too. I'm going to spend the evening trying to work my way around the website so I can find out what I'm actually meant to be eating, and get myself a Tesco order done.

Portion control sounds scary!! I too am of the "well its free" mentality and will eat huuuge bowls of pasta so I can see this being a steep learning curve lol!

ive just had a ww sausage casserole (from the jar) with the ww sausages, 8 points for the lot with lost free veg. it has done me 2 huge meals as im keeping half for lunch at work tomorrow id def reccomend giving that a go. and the ww tortilla wrap things are brill. ive so missed bread doing sw lol x

Are the ww jars good then? I remember donkey's years ago trying a tomato and garlic one that was really horrible. I haven't bought one since
I can't live on frozen ww ready meals forever so need to branch out soon!

Lisaberry said:
Are the ww jars good then? I remember donkey's years ago trying a tomato and garlic one that was really horrible. I haven't bought one since
I can't live on frozen ww ready meals forever so need to branch out soon!

I make my own tomato and garlic sauce, passata mushrooms onions peppers garlic chilli powder and herbs, mixed with 80g of pasta (weighed when dried) is 8points for a big pasta dish cos all the veg is 0! I have a ww garlic baguette with it too for 5 13pp for a huge meal is worth it i think :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I make my own tomato and garlic sauce, passata mushrooms onions peppers garlic chilli powder and herbs, mixed with 80g of pasta (weighed when dried) is 8points for a big pasta dish cos all the veg is 0! I have a ww garlic baguette with it too for 5 13pp for a huge meal is worth it i think :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

that sounds yummy im def going to give that a try. thankyou x

ive just had a ww sausage casserole (from the jar) with the ww sausages, 8 points for the lot with lost free veg. it has done me 2 huge meals as im keeping half for lunch at work tomorrow id def reccomend giving that a go. and the ww tortilla wrap things are brill. ive so missed bread doing sw lol x

That sounds very good value for points, I will have to try that one, thank you :)

Back