Hello :)

Leezo

Hello, im Lee and im 18 Years old, I see mainly this forum is for women and im so sorry if i seem 'inappropriate' but yes, i am male. But i am way too large for my age, and i really want help where i can get it.

I have tried to lose weight before i have been big since i was a toddler really, i met a girl which i thought would last forever, and well unfortunantly it didn't. When i first met her i lost alot of weight somehow, i dont know how it happened it just kind of did. We was together for 3 years and during that time i slowly slipped it all back on, about a month back she ended it. Basicly, i do not have the confidence to go out clubbing, beach, and even meet new people.

So i thought maybe a forum would help , someone to talk to.

Sorry for the long story!

Last edited:
Hey lee and Welcome!! I am also a newbie of sorts (was on this site last year and then the idiot i am i stopped- so here i am back again!)
This site is for both men and women and you will get so much help here!
So sorry to hear about you and your girlfriend :-(
But you have done the right thing by joining this site, everyone here is so helpful and friendly, it really does help!!!

Good luck with your weightloss! What diet are you following?
Sammy x

Hey lee and Welcome!! I am also a newbie of sorts (was on this site last year and then the idiot i am i stopped- so here i am back again!)
This site is for both men and women and you will get so much help here!
So sorry to hear about you and your girlfriend :-(
But you have done the right thing by joining this site, everyone here is so helpful and friendly, it really does help!!!

Good luck with your weightloss! What diet are you following?
Sammy x

Erm, i dont know, i guessed you eat as less as you can and exercise as much as you can, as i say, i have never dieted before. :rolleyes:

lol same as me then- I just meant were you on slimfast, or the cambridge diet or herbalife etc- so many things out there!!

I think, for me the best thing is exercising and watching what i eat and HOW MUCH i eat- are you keeping a food diary?
The best thing that works for me is that i write down everything i eat and drink in the day so i can see whats being consumed and then i weigh myself every week and measure myself, best way to keep track ;-)

Dont worry about eating as less as you can, thats not the whole point, you can still eat good sized meals, just BETTER meals :)

If you want any help or advice just ask x

Thank you, yes, i will need help, i have no idea. People say because im young it will be easier to shift the weight faster. I dont see how but i really want to do it as fast as possible.

I know what you mean people say that me too (I'm 24) but it doesnt feel that way! Losing weight is hard and it doesnt happen overnight but it is worth it when you start to notice all your hard work paying off.
Have you thought about taking up a sport or some form of exercise? that will help you bump your metabolism up and get you burning some energy? I swim and cycle (still being bigger i dont want to be around too many people in a gym so the cycling is great for me)
I also drink alot of water during the day and keep a food diary, I would recommend you just trying something really simple for the first week- keep a diary, write down everything you eat and drink, maybe take some walks a few times a week or cycling etc, increase your intake of water and after a week see how it went :)

You will get there don't worry! :)
Sammy x

Hi there Leezo, have a look around the site there is so much information and healthy eating advice you will gain so much knowledge from real people who have/are experiencing obesity, weight loss its priceless!

I used to play ALOT of football, i have been told to drink alot of water as it helps with hunger or what you think is hunger. Im going to start tomorrow morning i think, I really have the urge to do it and get fit again, I think the whole girlfriend thing kinda woke me up and now im stuck with nothing but loads of weight, girl dont go for big lads :(

I used to play ALOT of football, i have been told to drink alot of water as it helps with hunger or what you think is hunger. Im going to start tomorrow morning i think, I really have the urge to do it and get fit again, I think the whole girlfriend thing kinda woke me up and now im stuck with nothing but loads of weight, girl dont go for big lads :(

Good Luck are you going to follow a plan?

Don't put yourself down :-( Of course girls go for big lads- girls go for all sorts!
The best thing for you to do is lose the weight for you, to give you confidence etc- a woman loves confidence and this is what you are missing thats all- Good Luck with it and if you ever want someone to talk to you know where i am!

Sammy x

Back