hello

metrognome

is getting better at it
hello everyone,
my other half is talking about starting the atkins again soon and wants me to help him the only trouble is i have lost my book, is it basically the same (i done it about 5 years ago and had the orange book) or is it different now?

i vagely remember how to do it, and also remember i enjoyed it but did miss crunchy foods (toast, crisps etc )
any tips would be really great
thank you

Welcome!

You can get the books from the library, if need be.

Read the 'stickies' at the top of the page, they're full of good advice. You can also visit The Atkins Community site, where they have lots of 'learn Atkins' stuff for Induction and the other phases.

Good luck!

Hi Caz and welcome love.

There's a new Atkins book coming out in the USA in March. I don't know when it will be available in the UK.

I doubt there will be many major changes to basic Atkins in it but there are said to be a few minor ones. We shall see!

Hi :wavey: and welcome.x

Laura I agree about the money making thing!

But the scientific 'team' behind Atkins is always tweaking the programme to suit the latest research and advances in food technology - and the demands and wishes of the Atkins dieters!

They will probably say that it is basically another updated version of DANDR, with some new insights and tips thrown in. In the diet business as in any other people want to read the latest advice. The basic principles, I agree, will probably remain the same.

I will buy the new book when it is cheap on ebay!

I still think the original '72 version was the best .

Back