Hello :)

MissO

Hi everyone

Nice to meet you all, I decided to join as there seems to be so many friendly folks on here...

I have always been a curvier girl and happy, but I was made redundant in August and am struggling to find a job, so possibly inevitably I have put on weight in the last couple of months, and it's made me bigger than I have ever been. My partner is very sweet and says he hasn't noticed, and he probably hasn't, but I know and it bothers me.

A friend has passed on the Slimming World plan sheets as I can't afford to join, but I feel I need some extra support and advice from people on the plan and in similar situations, and in particular advice on how many syns things are as I don't have access to the calculator. Is there a simple calculation I can do??

I started just over a week ago and lost 3lbs in my first week so am buoyed to keep going :)

Thanks in advance!

MissO x

Hi, welcome to the forum MissO. Sorry to hear about your struggles - I really hope things get better for you.

You're off to a really good start with SW so well done! Good luck losing the rest of the weight. :)

Thanks very much! I'm feeling positive reading everyone's successes. This is going to give me focus when the job hunt is getting me down...

Hi Everyone

Im new to slimming world, on my 2nd week, lost 3.5lb in week 1, so guess thats a good start!
Finding it ok, but am mega fussy with food, the norm for me is pasta & dolmio, white bread, loads cheese and chocs!!
Just wondered if anyone could suggest anything that doesnt include weird veg, fish or yucky sauces :(

Thanks

Hi Miss O!

I have been doing SW for 8 wks now, go to class and use the on-line tools. Thinking I've got the hang of it now so if I can be of any help let me know.

Good luck with your weight loss and job hunting. I know it is harder to diet when there is other things going on in your life that make it stressful. :eek:

Hello and welcome to the forum, everyone is so friendly and supportive here,get posting hun!

wishing you well on your weight loss journey

xoxo

Thanks everyone! I think focussing on the plan and losing weight is actually helping me focus rather than just getting depressed over yet another application form.

Miss_Slater have you found the Winter Warmer Recipe thread yet? It's full of yummy sounding food, I made the syn free Cheese and Onion comfort pie last night and it was gorgeous and am making the 12 syn sponge cake today. Go check it out!

Hey there MissO and :welcome2: to the forums hun, very well done on your 3lbs loss too - way to go, thats excellent!

Everyone on here will always be only too glad to help and encourage you so don't be afraid to ask anything you're stuck on with your SW stuff - get yourself stuck into the forums, get posting, get to know us all and keep us updated on your weight loss journey!

Looking forward to chatting with you soon :) X

Back