Hello

Hello everyone. I am wondering is slimming world easy to follow. Has i have done weight watchers and use to doing the points. Is there anywhere you can ask questions once you leave the meeting? Has i need to lose this weight before my daughter starts school. I want her to be proud of her mum than ashamed of me.

Please help.

Hun, no matter what shape or size you are i'm sure your daughter will never be ashamed of you! If you want any questions answering regarding slimming world, you will find it on this site - it's amazing for information!

Hi! Like any new skill it takes a bit of time getting used to but it soon becomes second nature. When you start you will probably find yourself adding up the WW points of all the free foods and wondering how on earth you can lose but you really need to put that out of your mind as they are very different plans.

If you have questions you can search this forum as there is a wealth of information and experience around here, you can post questions and you are free to call up your consultant in between classes as well.

Good luck!

This board is fantastic in terms of support, there is always someone who can offer a friendly word of advice or answer that question nto matter how silly because someone will have asked it before. Good luck, you will be fine.

HI , SW can seem confusing to start with , but believe me it soon becomes 2nd nature and you dont even have to think about it !! The great thing about it is there is so much 'free' food that you arent continually adding up points and can never 'run out ' of food to eat :D
This forum is full of a ton of advise and support , you also get full access to SW online , which gives you complete details and help with the plan , and you can also contact your SW consultant :D

Good luck x

Thank you everyone for your kind words it is nice nowing everyone is so supporting.

One other question how much is it to join also how much is the 6 and the 12 week courses. The food directory is that £6.95. Also any other books anyone can recommend. Thank you.

Hi, at the moment it is half price to join so £5 and then weekly fee is £4.95 .. so £9.95 in your first week .. the count downs are - 6 weeks for the price of 5 ( £24.75 ) or 12 weeks for the price of 10 ( £49.50) .

Not sure how much the directries are in class , I bought one 2nd hand on e bay , they are not cheap , but you dont really need it as all the info is on the website , and which books are best depends on the plan you are going to use ... I use the extra easy cook book and the origanal plan recipes more tan any other books but they are all great :D

Hope that helps x

If you check out Slimming World Food Directory on eBay you'll find the seller usually puts the date so you can go for 2011 if that's on offer!

Thing about the directory though is that it is prett ymuch out-of-date before it even reaches the classes. Syn values change all the time and the directory is only accurate at the moment it is compiled. As a group member you have access to the online syn directory which will be more up-to-date and to the syn calculator for products that are not listed.

Back