Hello :) :)

Rachel :)

Silver Member
Hello.

I'm new to the forum, just starting Out on calorie counting.

I'm a mum to 4, 2 boys 2 girls :)

Been overweight since having my last daughter 3 years ago. Hoping to get back to my Pre pregnancy weight, around the summer time.

Looking forward to chatting with you all :):)

Hi rachel,
I'm new too, started last Monday lost 4 lb in my first week.
Loads of good advice and friendly ppl here
Good luck in reaching your pre pregnancy goal weight x
Claire

Good luck to you to, how are finding it so far?

I'm so ready for my tea! :)

hi, i'm fairly new here too. on my 3rd week of calorie counting and loving it so far. I've lost 6lbs in the 2 weeks and really enjoy changing my life/eating habits for the better. I have 2 children girl&boy. i'm trying to significantly increase my exercise & can already see my body toning up, gives you the extra boost. Good luck ladies. How are you finding it? x

I'm just starting my second week. Iv had good results with cc in my first week, just over 6lbs. I have alot to lose though. Im finding this website and my fitness pal a great help x

Hello! I'm a long-term addict of this site...usually to be found in the Slimming World area but more recently I've switched to calorie counting as I find it much easier.
I'm trying to get back to pre-pregnancy weight as well. I've got a little 14 month old daughter and am running round after her a lot, so how you're coping with 4 children I don't know! *eek* Well done you!
Everyone here's really helpful. Good luck :)

Thanks everyone!! I'm excited to have started being good yesterday.

Starving today though, but have been so busy this morning I haven't had chance to think about food till now!

Im also new to the forum and will be lurking in the calorie counting as its the method im using and find easiest ive added a few on my fitness pal i think its amazing!!

Rachel :) said:
Thanks everyone!! I'm excited to have started being good yesterday.

Starving today though, but have been so busy this morning I haven't had chance to think about food till now!

I feel really excited too about starting and being able to talk to others about it and share our journeys together

Hi

Ive been doing it 4 weeks now will be 5 weeks on friday and i have lost 12lb so far.......I'm loving it i dont get bored at all on this diet.....I love it that you can eat what you want within reason to your calorie intake.

I recommend using MFP and planning your meals in advance so that you dont get bored

I've got a my fitness pal account. Rachelwright if anyone wants to add me!

I was 9 st when I fell pregnant, had 1 stone to loose after I had my daughter. Managed to loose the stone after 2 years, put it back on again then have kind of yoyoed till now. I'm currently 11 st 9 lbs. which makes me feel awful but I'm miserable at this weight. I have a wardrobe full of clothes I can't wear and I live in 1 pair of jeans and 1 pair of cords! I need to loose the weight and get back to feeling like me again!!!!

So pleased to have found you all! :)

Oh Rachel tell me about it I've got a wardrobe full of lovely clothes, I live in 2 pairs of jeans and a couple of hoodies I've bought. I refuse point blanc to buy new clothes but for me this has been going on far too long....
About 6 months ago I felt disgusted at what I saw in the mirror and how I felt. So 4 1/2 months ago I gave up smoking when I put more weight on, and busting out of the only jeans that fit, and new year I started running and last week I started calorie counting. In may I am going to a wedding ( family on hubbies side) haven't seen them since my wedding when I was 4 stone lighter so I will be extatic if I could loose 1 - 2lb a week till then x

You can do that! 1-2 lbs sounds more than reasonable to me. I'd like to do the same to.

What's the biggest thing that lets you down? Mine is chocolate:( I'm obsessed with it. I also love coke cola, which I haven't had any now since the weekend. Not craving it yet....... :)

I would love to be able to go running, but with a big family and hubby not getting home till its dark I struggle to find the time. I love cycling though. Last year I brought a bike seat that goes on the front of my bike for my daughter, she loves it. So I'm looking forward to the weather improving. :)

Just the evening in general to be honest and it doesn't matter what it is if I'm feeling savoury its toast with butter or crisps and if I'm feeling sweet it can be biscuits anything in the cupboard. I've stopped buying crap now though, I buy some bits for the children's packed lunches but that's it. If I am really really desperate I will go to shop and buy chocolate. Weekends is another downfall you know the type of thing, you've had T then hubbie suggests an Indian. Go to inlaws for Sunday lunch and she has made my all time favourite syrup sponge and custard and the slither I ask her for is a big enough portion for 3 people lol
Life in general is a mine field when trying to loose weight!

Running is great, i started alone after new year, and now run with 4 local people who are just starting running. Its great because when i say i will be 1/2 hour thats exactly what it is, if i go to an exercise class I live 15 mins from my local town, do an hours class turns very easily to 1 1/2 hr to 2 hrs. It costs petrol to get there and the cost of the class too. Running is free and I go 3 times a week. You will get back to your cycling soon x

Very true running is free, I really should try and make the effort a bit more. Once the night start pulling out I will be able to get out more.

I hate the price of petrol, I try not to use my car as much as I can, but then that means taking my youngest out in the cold, so i then use the car, can't win can you!!! Lol

Price of petrol. OMG. I drive for a living and fueling my car takes a massive chunk of my money.
But when I'm home I try to use my car as little as possible.
The nights are starting to draw out now, it won't be long before you are zooming around on your bike ;)

Can't wait for the summer! What do you do for a living. I'm not working ATM, I will go back when my daughter does to school , don't want her to grow up, I happily keep her at 3 forever! :)

Don't blame you Rachel, I am a driving instructor, my children are 5 and 8, so I work around school hours but my hubbie has just been made redundant so am having to work longer hrs at the moment.
I stayed at home with my daughter but I HAD to start work before my son went to school, but I have been so so lucky mum had him one day a week and my mother in law had him 2 days , and he was in nursery one day, couldn't afford child care

Back