Hello!

Eire747

Hello All !

Struggling newbie here, hoping to get some motivation and support as I start off on my weight loss journey :)

Just to give some background on myself...I'm 32 yr old male, 5'8 and weighing in at 16 stone even. I've always been fighting the weight since a kid. As an adult the lightest I've been is about 13 stone.

I'm married with my amazing wife and with out 2 beautifully children. I have a great job, loving family and good friends. All if this you would think would make me happy but the truth is I have her depressed for quite a while now.

The route of my depression stems from money trouble, paranoia / uncomfortableness / frustration about my weight. When I'm stressed which seems to be every minute these days, I'm turning to food for comfort. It seems to be the only thing giving me the buzz.

I've tried weight watchers umpteen times but just start well and fall off the band wagon after a few weeks. I need to get a handle on this weight...I can't do anything about the other things such as money issues but maybe by getting this under control, I will muster some happiness and be contented enough in my own skin.

I have no excuses....there is a fully equipped treadmill in the house gathering dust this past year. I just don't think I can do weight watchers or anything like that again after all the failures.

Question is what do I do! I eat an awfull lot of junk food (crisps, chocolate, bread, butter etc) so I'm thinking of just cutting all those things out completely because if I just reduce them in just teasing myself.

Anyway....sorry for long winded rant...just needed to offload and put my thoughts down...I'm sure there is lots more in there I be said :)

Again...hello all...thanks in advance for any advice or help you can throw in my way...it's greatly appreciated !

Hi there.. When i feel the need to nibble cos Im bored or stressed, I try to drink water as much as poss, but have found it hard, so I have changed to fizzy water, with a drop of orange juice to flavour it and find i can drink a lot more.. and the carbonated part makes you feel fuller, and then I find once controlled myself to drink the water, I dont want to eat.. well I do.. but hating the fat more than Im wanting food at the mo? Try it? Good luck..:)

Back