Helloooo!

m93

Hi everyone,

Just started healthy eating again! I have always been a big guy, but lost about 4-5 stone, 2 years ago. Unfortunately that has all piled back on due to lack of exercise, bad foods and a new job which involves hardly any activity! So I'm going to try and loose it again by September 2015.

Would love to chat to someone that can help keep me motivated!

:)

Hi there...welcome to the forum.
Well done on getting back to the healthy eating.. I'm quite sure you will feel so much more energetic and better for it.

How about starting your own diary then you (and us.. :D ) can keep track of how you are progressing?

Thanks, I will do! :)

Hi,

Would love to chat to someone that can help keep me motivated!

The only person who can motivate you is yourself! The good news is that you are already motivated, you've started eating healthily
and your're here. That took some motivation and many people think about it but never reach this stage so well done.

So now the more that you understand what your motivators are the more you can use them to your advantage.

So I'm going to try and loose it again by September 2015.

There is a good start. Why September 2015. Is that an arbitrary date or some other reason. Why September and not August or October. If that is a special time for you then focusing on that time and you looking and feeling good is a great thing to do at difficult moments.

When goal setting it's good to write them down and then look for the values behind it. Values are our drivers, what get us out of bed in the morning.

Saying I want to lose 2 stone by September is the "What" of the goal. Now you need to understand the "Why", that why is your motivation.

Try this. Get out a piece of paper or two and write at the top your goal as specifically as possible. For example.

I am going to lose 2stone in weight by September 2015.

Then ask yourself these 2 questions:
What will that give me?
Why is that important to me?

You may come up with things like - I don't know - feeling good, self esteem, freedom . Short answers are best especially abstract things like freedom or respect.

Write down your answer underneath your goal.

Then ask the 2 same questions about the word or phrase you have just written, so if you wrote freedom you are asking what will freedom give me, why is that important to you. Write down your answer.

Ask the 2 questions again - keep going - really dig deep. You know you've got the real answer when you start to repeat yourself or something comes out which you didn't expect and you just go "yeah, that's it!"

Expect to spend between 30 and 60 minutes doing this. If you don't find it tough you're probably not doing it properly.

At the end of it when you think you've got everything ask yourself - "and how will that make me feel?"

Then get a new piece of paper write your goal at the top then your values underneath then how it will make you feel at the end. Maybe like:

MY GOAL. To lose 2 stone by September 2015.

This will give me:

Freedom
Self respect
Self belief
Confidence
etc

WHEN I ACHIEVE MY GOAL I WILL FEEL: Awesome!!!!!

Pin it where you can see it every day and for best effect read it aloud every day. If at any time you find yourself struggling go and re-read it.
Remember. Anytime that you feel like quitting - remind yourself of why you started.

Good luck.

Thanks very much for this reply! I shall definitely do it :)

Hello newbie! I am new here too:) Would be glad to chat with and motivate each other:) Good luck to you with the start of your new healthy life!

Hello newbie! I am new here too:) Would be glad to chat with and motivate each other:) Good luck to you with the start of your new healthy life!

Hey, thanks! Good luck to you too! :)

Hi,

The only person who can motivate you is yourself! The good news is that you are already motivated, you've started eating healthily
and your're here. That took some motivation and many people think about it but never reach this stage so well done.

So now the more that you understand what your motivators are the more you can use them to your advantage.

There is a good start. Why September 2015. Is that an arbitrary date or some other reason. Why September and not August or October. If that is a special time for you then focusing on that time and you looking and feeling good is a great thing to do at difficult moments.

When goal setting it's good to write them down and then look for the values behind it. Values are our drivers, what get us out of bed in the morning.

Saying I want to lose 2 stone by September is the "What" of the goal. Now you need to understand the "Why", that why is your motivation.

Try this. Get out a piece of paper or two and write at the top your goal as specifically as possible. For example.

I am going to lose 2stone in weight by September 2015.

Then ask yourself these 2 questions:
What will that give me?
Why is that important to me?

You may come up with things like - I don't know - feeling good, self esteem, freedom . Short answers are best especially abstract things like freedom or respect.

Write down your answer underneath your goal.

Then ask the 2 same questions about the word or phrase you have just written, so if you wrote freedom you are asking what will freedom give me, why is that important to you. Write down your answer.

Ask the 2 questions again - keep going - really dig deep. You know you've got the real answer when you start to repeat yourself or something comes out which you didn't expect and you just go "yeah, that's it!"

Expect to spend between 30 and 60 minutes doing this. If you don't find it tough you're probably not doing it properly.

At the end of it when you think you've got everything ask yourself - "and how will that make me feel?"

Then get a new piece of paper write your goal at the top then your values underneath then how it will make you feel at the end. Maybe like:

MY GOAL. To lose 2 stone by September 2015.

This will give me:

Freedom
Self respect
Self belief
Confidence
etc

WHEN I ACHIEVE MY GOAL I WILL FEEL: Awesome!!!!!

Pin it where you can see it every day and for best effect read it aloud every day. If at any time you find yourself struggling go and re-read it.
Remember. Anytime that you feel like quitting - remind yourself of why you started.

Good luck.

Thanks again for this! I did do it, and I am still quite motivated at the moment! :)

9 pounds lost in 2 weeks! :)

Just wanted to say hi and good luck :)
Also well done on your 9lbs loss!

Back