HELP!!!! and intro

TKD

Hi everyone,

Last year i decided that enough was enough and i wanted to loose weight. Just from getting my dog and cutting as much rubbish out as i "could". I went from 13st7lbs to 12st6lbs, but hit a wall and couldn't do any more myself. Having never "dieted" before I joined SW with a friend before Christmas to give me a head start on the year ahead But I'm Struggling.... I attend group every week when i can and I've been sticking to plan. I've shown my food diary to the consultant and they can't seem to see where I'm going wrong:confused: other than varying by breakfasts a little and eating more. I have been doing zumba for the last 10 weeks and recently taken up pole fitness in addition to walking the dog and making little changes i.e walking up and down stairs, parking at the opposite side to where i need to be.

I must admit i like to go out clubbing on the occasional weekend but allow for these in Flexi syns, i also do this with eating out, Whilst also cutting my alcohol intake to only when i go out considering before i would have a drink most nights.

My journey is as follows and you'll probably understand my frustration:mad:;

03/12/12-12st 6lbs
10/12/12-12st 3.5lbs-2.5lbs
17/12/12-12st 6.5lbs +3 lbs
07/01/13-12st 1lbs -5 lbs????
14/01/13-12st 2lbs +0.5lbs
21/01/13-12st 1lbs -0.5
28/01/13-11st 13lbs -2.5lbs
04/02/13-11st 13lbs sts
18/02/13-11st13.5 lbs +0.5lbs
04/03/13-11st12lbs -1.5lbs
11/03/13-11st13lbs +1
18/03/13-11st13lbs sts

The last few weeks i have resorted to having lemon water in morn and making super speed soup for my lunch but to no avail. Its getting quite depressing to attend group knowing that i have tried hard but have stayed virtually the same since the end of Jan and others in group have lost a stone in 4 weeks or on average 2lbs per week....... insert sad face :(

Any help or words of wisdom is welcome.

Hiya! Sorry you're having a rough time! I have also been gaining and losing the same few pounds since January, but I'm nearly back down to my lowest weight since joining. The last few weeks i have resorted to having lemon water in morn and making super speed soup for my lunch but to no avail. - It is possible that your body isn't getting enough from this, as the plan includes (And needs) syns to work effectively.
must admit i like to go out clubbing on the occasional weekend but allow for these in Flexi syns, i also do this with eating out - Is it possible that you are giving yourself too many syns on these flexi-syn occasions or that they are quite regular i.e. if you are having a flexi-syn event giving yourself 50 syns for it, but have already had your 105 syns for the week and do this regularly it could potentially impact on losses. I think the flexisyn concept is a great one, but it requires a lot of discipline. I hope this helps.

Back