Help! going to pizza express

How depressing!

Save some syns and have some pizza or pasta, just a little, have a flexi syn day but make sure you stick to plan before and after, don't torture yourself with undressed salad whilst your friends stuff their faces as this will lead to you giving up sooner, it is meant to be a new way of life not a diet.

I was in Pizza Express today and had the Leggera Verdure which was good (half pizza, half salad). I think they're 25 syns, save a HEXA to deduct 6 for the cheese, you're only 4 over on your day so make it up the next day. Job done! I would also remember that it's only approx 500 cals, on a day like today I am just that bit more aware of the calories I am eating. As long as you total 1000 - 1200 ish you should still be losing.

Well, I don't think that Pizza Express salads are depressing at all, I always have one when I go there - I think they are delicious! But each to their own.

Thing is you could have a nice big salad and ask for any dressings on the side. If they do one with feta or motzellera save a hex(or both if your on green) and ave some cheese. Thing is syns are there to be used. Pizza is epically synful but look at the pasta dishes. Cheeck slimming world online with the syn calc as it will more then likely have the values and look over the menu online and choose carefully. Also have a fab time and enoy your meal out :D

Also reg i agree there, had a salad at nandos(asked for cheese and dressing on the side) and it was looooooveely and didnt destroy my sw plan either lol

I am going to Pizza Express on Friday night, have looked in the book and under 'eating out' there is an Italian section which has the staples such as Beef Lasagane 12.5 (G/EE) and Spinach and Ricotta Cannelloni 10.5 (G/EE) thinking that with either of these options if I do save one of my HXA for the cheese it will be even better.

Does anyone else think these values sound too low?

P.S Sorry Flippyoung for hijacking thread

I've had the cannelloni and counted it like that before. It isn't at all creamy and is in a very tomatoey sauce. All I would say is that, as I recall, it's about 680 cals compared to the Leggera pizzas at 500 so on a purely calories in basis it's not such a good choice.

Ok well I would rather avoid any white bread - pizza base or not, lol.

I have had the cannelloni before (not on SW) and love it so if its reasonable to count it as 10.5 syns then thats great and within allowance just have to avoid the dough balls and wine :)

Thanks for your reply

Any one have any thoughts on the starters?

Back