HELP NEEDED...SLIMMING WORLD WEIGHT LOSS HAS DRAWN TO A COMPLETE UTTER STANDSTILL

Hello there,

I'm facing a bit of a disaster and its left me feeling extremely disheartened. I joined slimming world in the end of April/ beginning of May 2015 and in the fist four weeks managed to lose a stone. Then on the fourth week I lost 2 more pounds making it a total loss of 16 pounds. Now I'm a month on and have lost no more weight. My goal weight is 9 stone. I've been following the plan religiously and since the beginning have been only eating the minimum of five syns as I don't feel like eating more than that. I've stopped using oil and butter to cook and have made sure I've eated plenty of speed food and a variety. I also exercise for around half an hour every day. Doing SW from home if that helps. Anyone have any ideas to help???? Would really appreciate it xxxx

Hi :) I can't really offer any sage SW advice as I too am disheartened and not losing while trying to do SW from home, but here for moral support!

Hello SlimmingInProgress
Well done on your loss so far :) that's brilliant! I can see you only have 9lb left to lose- do bear in mind that the more you lose the harder it gets ;-)
That said, I know I've read on here countless times that limiting syns simply doesn't work, so try upping them (maybe to around 10 a day if you don't feel comfortable going up to 15?) to see if that helps. You don't have to eat chocolate and treats to do this, try some avocado/cooked fruit/go back to cooking with butter or adding some mayo to your salads.
Also make sure you are taking on even fluid- at least 2L a day- this might give you a little boost too. Good luck!

@RosiePops Thank you so much for your advice. I think I am going to take heed of it and start upping my syns slowly, have had 7 syns today and cant help but feel that I am sabotaging myself. I drink 2L of water any way but am going to try to drink a little more. Thank you again and best of luck to you too! xx

@Heather Monckton
Do not give up! If you fancy a SW buddy I'd be happy to help! God knows I need moral support too!

Yay for SW buddies! I really do need the support but really can't afford to join the groups! What I need is a method of having you guys on here with me all the time, cuz I can't always be logged on to the forum and that's when I'm weak! Lol.

Last edited:
@Heather Monckton Same! I'm broke too so cant afford to go to group (student life is crippling). And my consultant wasn't very helpful anyway so if I do end up getting the funds to go to group I'm going to another one! Let me know about your journey and your progress so far xxx

My progress so far sucks ass lol. I've been trying for nearly 2 months and lost 2lb. Really struggle with weekends and sweet treats. Today I have a sore throat and am craving ice cream! It's only my laziness that's stopping me getting some. But that may change later on.

I hope you're doing better than me!

It does not completely suck ass. That's two pounds off from where you started and tbh any progress is worth celebrating! If you want some ice cream you go for it girl! Just stay within your limit. Take out some and step away from the rest. Have some hot food/drinks for that sore throat (believe me it helps - I have chronic hay fever). I've decided not to step on the scales this past week (IKR shock horror) but I'm going to weigh myself this weekend to see if the needle budges (in the right direction hopefully). You're doing brilliantly and if you like sweet treats try not to go for processed ones, go for the ones that you know the ingredients of. You are better off with a slice of homemade cake than a processed one full of refined sugar with a list of ingredients as long as your arm. Let me know how you get on and cross your fingers for me that I'm blessed with a loss this week! Take care hun xx

Don't loose hope... I found the same thing but I found changing things and introducing different dishes kick started things again... the do say the body can get use to routine so give it a shock and do something new.... good luck

Soooo.... I had a McFlurry Friday night. Which I think is about 20 syns. It's just hard to get into the mentality of "I want to sit and pick at some grapes while I watch TV" rather than "I really want to eat a whole sharing bag of Malteasers while I watch TV".

I don't know how to deal with boredom at work either. All i want to do all day is eat. And it really is SO boring. I didn't have time to be bored in my old job, but now the days are just so slow. I find myself popping to the shop for something to do, but then I buy food.

Right...sounds like you've got a bad case of boredom! Why don't you take up a new hobby to do when your bored? Think knitting, sewing, starting a blog, anything that involves fingers so that you don't feel tempted to put them at work by digging them into a nice bag of chocs! I love to read so there's nothing more distracting (or a better boredom buster) than a good book or a mag if you prefer. And I think you are in need of slimming world friendly telly snacks! What about making potato wedges, nachos (http://www.slimmingworld.co.uk/recipes/nacho-style-feast.aspx), low syn yoghurt, jellies or mini marshmallows- 10 for 1 syn (the possibilities with marshmallow are limitless lol).

But in all seriousness, its difficult to resist synful food when you are bored and its easily available. Try to set a goal for yourself and remind yourself of it each day. My friend gave me a size 10 body-con dress as a prezzie and although I can fit in it, it doesn't seem to fit right. Perks of having an hourglass body shape that makes me look much larger than 10 stone I suppose! Ive stuck a post it on it saying 'eat to live not live to eat' and hung it on the wardrobe opposite my bed. Hence, every morning when I wake up I'm reminded of my target. Besides...about that McFlurry, I wont tell if you don't and calories don't count on Friday night! They get burnt instantaneously by the power of the weekend! Try to buy specific portions of treats within your syn limit and don't be tempted to pop out and get some more from your local shop. It'll reduce the chances of another snack attack!

Let me know how you get on hun xxx

I like the sound of mini marshmallows! lol. I've got a pot of grapes sat on my desk in front of me to pick at during the day, because the boredom is most evident at work (I really wish I could afford not to go!), and the other girls in the office are eating CONSTANTLY. So I'm bored, they're eating something nice... boom 50 syn day.

I struggle with how many syns are in the things I wouldn't even consider to be that bad as well and how quickly they mount up. My mom had to limit herself to 6 syns a day when she did SW or she didn't lose but I eat more than that in an hour sometimes. One chocolate digestive is 4! (And i had about 8 of those last night...) Half the problem is I don't want to give up the sweet treats, I want to be able to do what I've always done and eat whatever I like whenever I like and not gain weight. But that doesn't work anymore :(

Ha I'm pleased Friday night McFlurries don't count! That is good news! I need to whip my partner into shape really cuz much as I fancied one, I wasn't going out to get one (my laziness helps some days!), but he announced he really wanted a milkshake and was going to get one, so that was it then.

I've got 11 weeks to be bikini ready and feeling rather low about it all :(

Thank you for all your help/advice.How are you getting on? Are you still at a standstill?

I love mini marshmallows too :) They make an options hot chocolate feel a bit more luxurious!
It's hard when you have to change your habits but that's what this new way of eating will become in time- just another habit. I find the less I have to think about food the better, there's less option to make poor choices, so planning is the way forward for me. If I don't have sweet treats in the house I can't overeat on them- OH buys a single chocolate bar if he wants one and then there isn't a packet of them left to taunt me!

Ikr!! There is nothing more infuriating than being around supermodels who eat all day but don't put on a pound. Unfair genetic distribution lol! I'm trying to fight off the urge to weigh in till Saturday which is my weigh day, you'll know if I've lost some weight I'll be screaming it from the rooftops!! You've got eleven weeks to make a difference. Everyone wants to be able to eat what they want and not put on weight but that's impossible unless you have it in restricted amounts! I'm so excited for you! I have complete faith that in eleven weeks you are going to rock that teeny bikini!! Love xx

@RosiePops your OH is very considerate! Thank God I don't live with my boyfriend he's a sucker for a good sale on multipacks lol xx

Can we swap OHs for a weekend @RosiePops ?? Mine's a bad influence! I'm trying to get him to follow SW too, but he's not very strict with it, and I can't keep track of everyone's syns!

@SlimmingInProgress thank you for your faith! I'm going to have to try hard so as not to disappoint you! Maybe that's what I need...? Still got some treats in the house, but once they're gone I'm back on it! Got a doc's appointment booked for next Weds to see what's going on with my ankle then hopefully can get back to proper exercise. Until then am sticking with swimming, nice and low impact but still calorie burning.

Looking forward to your weigh in Saturday! Fingers are crossed already! xx

Well I've weighed myself after a month of scale dodging and *insert drum roll* I weigh 9 stone 1 pound and I am so pleased!!!!! It hasn't really sunk in properly yet but I've decided to lower my target further to 8 stone and I've looked on your profile (stalker much) which said your goal weight was the same! So let's do this together!! Shift this stone and we are done and ready to conquer the world lol!!

Let me know how you are doing and thanks for all the good wishes they really did help!! Also hope your ankle is okay xx

Yaaaaaay!! Well done!!

I went on the scales today and am down to 8 stone 9lb!!!! So pleased! It's some sort of miracle with what I've eaten, but I'll take it!

Getting the ankle checked out Wednesday, hopefully I'll be able to get back to the gym after that.

We can do this!!! Xx

OMG! That is brilliant! Pleasant surprises for both of us then!! Really hope your ankle feels better soon. I'm hoping to start running soon as well as its something I've always wanted to try! Here's hoping there's more miracles in store for both of us xx

Back