Help .. new to this site - green syn free ideas

auntiecar

Hi
My name is Carol and I am trying slimming world to help me loose weight. I don't go to a class but was given a " pack" from an old member to give me a start. Following the green plan I lost 10lb but nothing in 2months, I am vegetarian and have exhausted my choices. I try to cook in bulk and freeze but bored with recipes ive used. I prefer to keep my syns for a wee tipple so looking for syn free ideas to kick start me .

Probably need to exercise a lot more too though.

Help please :eek:xx

Can you give us some ideas of the sorts of meals you've been cooking so that we can give you some fresh ideas?

I LOVE Green days, all those delicious lentils, beans and pulses - all that CHEESE :drool:

(I have an auntie carole and I call her auntie car so your username made me laugh :))

the linda macartney red onion and rosemary sausages are a great addition to a meal.

i use them in quite a few recipes.

bake the sausages and then slice into bite size pieces
mix in a deep oven proof dish with 2 tins of bakes beans, fried onions and mushrooms and top with mashed potato, some heb grated cheese and whack in the oven til bubbly.

or , add the baked sliced sausages to cooked pasta, tinned tomatoes, passata, garlic, onions, mushrooms, peppers or leeks(whatever you like really) , mix well, top with a tub of seasoned fat free fromage frais and a heb grated cheese and again, whack in the oven til bubbly.

or, line a large flan dish with sliced mushrooms and cooked sliced sausages, mix 6 eggs with a splash of milk and season well, pour over the mushrooms and sausages (add heb cheese again if you wish) stick in the oven til cooked, a lovely free quiche.

once you find your way around here you'll see there is a recipe section take a look around there.

Also do as millieliza is doing & sub to lots of diaries for ideas, the meals may not be vegetarian but I'm sure you can substitute quorn stuff for meat ;)

There's a vegan/vegetarian thread in the Off Topic subforum as well!

Though I'm not vegetarian I enjoy vegetarian food and cook it often. I've found the "50 free green recipes" book really excellent. Some lovely dishes and every recipe completely syn-free on EE and Green.

Back