help on being hungry

minimise-me

Hiya does anyone know if we have to avoid your tummy rumbling with hunger? I am on shifts at the moment but I am getting really hungry because I am having long periods without food

Ideally if your tummy is rumbling with hunger then you should eat because this is your body telling you it needs fuel. Can you take a snack between meals to avoid this? And/or eat a main meal just before work? I know we are told only eat when you are hungry but sometimes this isn't always possible if you know that you will be unable to eat when you will feel hungry so maybe you need to fuel up before work?

Could you have a biggish meal before your shift starts and then take fruit and or veg with you for refuelling? A fruit salad would be nice and filling for you. Or some home made 0 point soup to have on break? I used to work 12 hour shifts as a carer and was constantly on the go. The soup thing for me was a lifesaver.

I agree with loser85, the soup would be a good one to help the rumbles - I recommend the BNS one, gorgeous - also you should idealy not get that hungry for long periods of time, so snack on fruit or even take a sandwhich in, that quick to eat - good luck.

Thanks for the advice I tried the bns soup yesterday but I just don't think I am eating enough at all I am on my phone now.butwill put my last 3 days of food diaries on although somethings I didn't know the points for I am not going to my first meeting until Saturday so will do better with the books

Back