Help please - chimichangas mexican restaurant!

tezzatibbs

Hi all. I am new to this so please bare with me...
I am going for a meal soon for a friends birthday at Chimichangas which is a mexican restaurant and ideally i would like something that doesnt take me over my syn allowance as i have 6st to lose so cant afford any gains really

I have attached the menu, i looked at the paella without the chorizo or the bean chilli without cheese, nachos or sour cream, but dont know if this is the best option or what the syn value is??
Thanks

Chimichanga

These are my thoughts...

Piri Chicken Salad
Chargrilled chicken breast with your choice or lemon and herb or hot and spicy piri piri sauce, cherry tomatoes, cucumber and red onions with mixed leaves.
^^ A great SW choice! Allow a few Syns for any oil used in cooking the chicken and then ask for your dressing on the side - that way you can chose how much (and therefore how many Syns) you use.

Chilli Con Carne
A classic beef chilli con carne or vegetarian bean chilli accompanied with Mexican rice, shredded jack cheese, sour cream and tortilla chips.
^^ You could go for the veggie bean chilli and allow a few Syns for any oil used in cooking it. If it's plain, boiled rice it will be free, so maybe ask before you order. Omit the cheese, sour cream and tortilla chips and opt for a salad instead for a SW friendly, filling meal

Sea Bass
Sea bass marinated in lime, coriander and garlic, served over roasted vegetables on a sizzling skillet
^^ This could potentially be very SW friendly. You would only need to allow Syns for oil - or even better, ask them to cook it without!

Mexican Paella
Chargrilled marinated chicken breast, tiger prawns, chorizo sausage, sauteed peppers, onions and peas cooked with Mexican rice
^^ Again, potentially pretty SW friendly. You could ask for it without the chorizo, like you said. Ask and make sure it isn't cooked with cream - if it is, ask for it without. And then just count a few Syns for any oil used.

Steak is always a safe option when eating out too. There is an option on the menu for that. You could omit the battered onion rings and ask for it to be served with a large side salad perhaps?

Back