Help please

Leanne1983

:sigh: I cannot get the amount of water down. I know I am getting dehydrated, my lips are drying & cracking.
When I drink any water my tummy feels really uncomfortable, swushing water around. I cant stand it. What can I do?

It's really important that you get at least your minimum amount of water down. I used to barely drink a thing throughout the day-now I can manage 2 1/2-3 litres a day. I know some people manage a lot more, but to me that's more than enough! I keep small bottles of water in the fridge and take them out as I need them. I take 4 bottles with me to work and find that I can now get through them all before I come home. I leave one on my desk with the top off and just take constant glugs of it throughout the day. It's something that you just have to get used to I'm afraid-but it does build up a good habit for a lifetime. At least when you've done 2 weeks you can have the water flavourings if you really can't face plain water. Or you can have sparkling if you prefer?

Sorry to hear you are struggling with the water intake.

Have you tried sparkling water? You'll be able to have the berry mix soon which makes it easier and tastes o.k with fizzy water.

The other thing I do is add extra water to my shakes, just a bit but it all counts. Do you drink any hot drinks? I cannot stomach black tea, but I drink black coffee and peppermint tea.

Find drinking the water after my shake also stops the "sloshing" feeling a bit.

Hope this helps.

Take care.

I hated water when I started this 3 weeks ago and I found it really hard to drink. I just sip sparkling water little and often now and keep it with me constantly and I've actually found myself getting thirsty for it! I'm drinking about 3 litres a day now. Hang on in there and persevere with it cos its really important. What about coffee or tea or putting more water in your shakes and soups?

Thanks guys. I have bought some sparkling but haven't tried it yet. I'll try sipping throughout the day, i shouldnt get the huge amount at once then.

Oops sorry Count210 - we're doubling up on advice here aren't we???!!!

Hi ya, I filled an empty washed 4 pint milk container and leave it on the side for the whole days supply, ok if your home alot! i find room temp water easier to drink! not such a shock to the tummy! especially empty one, and i was suprised how quickly it has gone down. Keep going, my 2nd day too. low piont when the beef roast was ready, i still have husband and 3 kids to feed, just dished up and left the house to walk the dog, very pleased with myself. Chin up x

I can't gulp it down cos I get the same feeling as you - also, it makes me gag. You'll be amazed at how much water you can get through by sipping out of one of those sports bottles - and the sparkle in the water makes it more palatable somehow. Good luck with it hun!

Hi ya,
I'm the same I find it hard too,
I never liked black tea but found if it's weak then it's ok!
it makes it nicer with a sweetner tablet which you are allowed, is that something you like?
Other thing is I find eating chrushed ice nice in hot weather!
Or the last thing is when out starbucks do a sugar free syrup someone said it was ok to have (Check on that first though)
Hope it gets better for you!!
x x x

Back