Help - Starter Required pleaseeee

Eddie

Lovely Ladies, can you please help - yes, I'm know you can.

We are going to our lovely friends for rib eye roast dinner tomorrow evening (sorrry to brag to all those meat lovers...) and I said I would do starters...
Any ideas for a light simple impressive starter.. Dont ask for much ehhh...

Her roasts are lengendary so something cheesey or heavy would not really work.

1 thought is prawn cocktail (soo retro), and use my syns for may + kethcup, but know at least 2 people dont do prawns - how inconsiderate...

Will be doing red day (for obvious reasons), any ideas???
FNM, are you out there????

Cheers,
Nxx

You could make a pate type thing? There's a recipe in the 100 free original recipes book I got on thursday for italian spiced tuna pate.

-----
1 can tuna in brine, drained

85g/3oz v. low fat natural cottage cheese

juice of 1/2 lemon

pinch of black petter

pinch of oregano

chopped parsley, to garnish

1) puree the tuna and cottage cheese together in a blender or liquidiser. Add the remaining ingredients and prcoess until smooth.

2)Transfer ito a suitable dish and chill for at least 1 hour before serving. Garnish with chopped parsley.

----

You could serve it with some crispbreads/breadsticks for dunking and chopped carrot sticks, cucumber sticks and celery? If you left off the crispbreads/breadsticks for yourself it would be a totally free starter for you?

Not done it myself so can't vouch for it. It sounds good though and easy.
Hope you have a nice time :)

Emerald
X

ah cheers my dears
Nxx

I'd do a really posh style melon starter, with a little bit of raspberry coulis (syns) drizzled over. Slice the melon as thin as possible (try using a veg peeler) then ruffle it all up on the plate x

No, the melon sounds good, maybe with parma ham also and balsamic??

Nxx

I saw this on the SW Website:-

It's Waldorf stuffed pear with parma ham

1 eating apple
2 tbsp lemon juice
28g/1oz Stilton cheese
113g/4oz quark skimmed milk soft cheese
1tbsp freshly chopped parsley
salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 ripe pears
1 bunch watercress
2 walnut halves
8 thin slices lean Parma ham

1. Peel, core and grate the apple, and mix with half the lemon juice. Place in a mixing bowl. Crumble in the Stilton cheese and add the quark, parsley and seasoning. Mix well until combined. Set aside.
2. Wash and pat dry the pears. Halve and scoop out the core, leaving the stalk intact. Brush all over with the remaining lemon juice, and pile the cheese mixture on top of each.
3. Wash and shake dry the watercress and divide between four serving plates. Arrange the pear halves on top.
4. Lightly crush the walnuts and sprinkle over. Trim the ham and roll up tightly. Place on top of each portion to serve.[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2 syns on original
[/FONT]

Oh, that sounds lovley.
In the end I did, salad leaves, parma ham, halved green grapes, feta cheese (HEX A), sprinkle of toasted pine nuts (HEX B?) with balsamic & olive oil - was v v nice.

Back