Step 1 Sole Source HELP! Struggling :-(

x-Andrea-x

I'm only on week 2 of SS and I am struggling so much. Had a meltdown last Thursday and ate a pizza. Didn't stick to it on Monday either and the weight loss shows it. My consultant weighed me last night and I have only lost 3lbs in 10 days. I'm feeling so demotivated and can't stop thinking about giving up and having food. It shouldn't be this hard on week 2 so why am I struggling so much?! If I lost weight each time I read about a diet I would be skinny! I have no support from friends or family and at the mo it's just me and my 18 month old daughter

Any motivational hints, tips and kicks up the

How much water are you drinking? In the early stages that's the key- it keeps you full and the more you drink the more you lose x

Hi Caz, drinking about 2-2.5l per day. I know I want to eat because it's a habit and I'm bored, emotional etc. it feels so much easier to just fall back into old habits but I know I need to make a change! I have an angel and a devil voice going on in my head! X

Don't worry! It's normal.
I'm currently the same! (see my other posts!)
Because you're finding it hard you'll feel like eating more. So if you can't manage SS, do SS+
I regularly have a turkey breast subway salad (with all the green things only - inc gherkins and jalepenos) I can stay in ketosis and it makes me feel better.
If you are hungry, have a roast chicken breast and some nice warm green veg.
I find that helps.

Also, get an item of clothing you may not fit yet. Aim for it. Put a photo of yourself you dislike somewhere visible! I did.

But drink as much liquids as you can manage, that way you have little room for food. x

Remember, if you eat carbs e.g. Pizza then you'll go out of Ketosis and it'll take 3 days to get back.
In the mean time your body will be saying 'I need more carbs' and so you'll be hungry!

Protein is your friend xx

Thanks Caz :)
I made the conscious decision not to give in. I will not be weak! Going to have some porridge in a bit. I'm hoping next week will be easier when I have some bars to chew! Only ordered 7 to last for 2 weeks but at least I can have that at work. Might paint my nails in a bit. Can't eat with wet nails! X

I often get a bath for about an hour and use some lovely smelling products. My skin has improved! ha ha
Brushing teeth is a good one. Especially if you run up the stairs to do it every time you feel like something sweet!

Keep Going! Think of the slinky black sexy dress you could get into at Christmas! x

I'm only on week 2 of SS and I am struggling so much. Had a meltdown last Thursday and ate a pizza. Didn't stick to it on Monday either and the weight loss shows it. My consultant weighed me last night and I have only lost 3lbs in 10 days. I'm feeling so demotivated and can't stop thinking about giving up and having food. It shouldn't be this hard on week 2 so why am I struggling so much?! If I lost weight each time I read about a diet I would be skinny! I have no support from friends or family and at the mo it's just me and my 18 month old daughter

Any motivational hints, tips and kicks up the

I didn't find it got easier at all!!! I am 13 weeks in and struggle at times (this week has been particularly hard).

The first time I tried the Cambridge Diet I didn't last more than two weeks because I wasn't in the right frame of mind to stick with it, I started off all excited and determined but I quickly felt it was too restrictive and like a food prison.

It was only when I hit my breaking point that I could commit. Facing the fact that I really didn't fit in any of my clothes again and it was past the denial phase....I would either buy some new ones in a bigger size or change what I was doing!! I did the latter not expecting to get past a few weeks like last time so there was none of the usual energy of throwing yourself into a new diet, I felt more like a marter resigning myself to months of bland and boring food and shakes :-( For some reason that emotional state kind of worked for me....

Since then my attitude toward food has been evolving and I feel that even when I am on the later steps of the diet or even in the maintenance phase I am more capable for making more of the right decisions rather than going for the comfort or unhealthy option 100% of the time like I was previously.

In short: yes it's a very very difficult diet!!! You have to keep remembering why you chose to do it in the first place, and why this particular diet!!! There is lots of support on here, you aren't on your own. Resign yourself to short term misery and you will be surprised what you pick up along the way!!!!

Do you have a diary yet?

Thanks Fay! I am struggling to stay motivated. I have zero support at home. I have been grazing today which I know is terrible! I know I have to get back on it tomorrow and I'm going to treat myself to a lovely ring once I hit 12st7 - my lowest weight in a long time! That's going to be my motivation :) Time to get on this and shift this weight for good! X

Hey Andrea, it helps me to be in the zone and stay in the zone. I emerce myself in everything cambridge in the hard days..dual dynamics videos on YouTube, clothes shopping, self help eating videos, studies on the health benefits of VLCD. I try and stay away from the figures of weight loss and work on the plan if that makes sense. Good luck chick xxx

Hi I am on day five and at times found it so hard and just wanted nice food!!! My sister in law is following ss so I speak to her when I get tempted she has lost 31/2 stone in eleven weeks! The dual Dynamics video on you tube is very good and worth a look just to see what normal people like you and me can actually achieve with just a lil will power, and just believe YOU CAN do it :) Good Luck......

Thanks Sara! Think I am in need of some tough love! Going to my inlaws tonight and they are ordering Chinese. I've already said I'm not eating it but they are offended. I'm still taking my shake and I'm going to prove to them I can do it :)

I do need some more inventive ways to consume water! I don't really like herbal tea because it's too bitter and can't stand black tea. I want to have hot drinks but don't know what!

What type of self help videos do you watch and do they help? I'm open to anything to stop this binge eating! Xxxxx

Great Andrea, people are often offended in the beginning but I've been going this for months and people soon adjust. The negativity only make me more determined.
You tube - how to stop binge eating - the young girl in her bedroom it's about halfway down honestly the most inspiring video ever!!
We all need tough love now and again, any clothes that become big as you go along get rid! Sell them or charity! This is showing yourself and the universe you mean business and use any money you earn to buy the next size down. This will keep you busy!!!
Any waver time use this to evaluate why you want to eat not because your hungry is the normal answer. Empower yourself and face those feelings, they never last more than an hour!! It's so amazing when you do xx

This might be one of those things that only helps me, but here we go... When I am craving food, I search Low-carb websites or read cookbooks for recipes that I will make WHEN AND ONLY WHEN I reach my goal. It seems to "satisfy" the craving somehow, and keeps me focused on my goals so I keep the right mindset.

Thanks guys! Your support means a lot! I will get through this one shake at a time! I'm being weighed by my consultant tomorrow and I'm hoping for any kind if loss, slip ups included!! I've got some bars on order so that will make it easier at work. Being alone in the evenings does not help as I have nobody to answer to when I nip to the fridge and munch! But, I will be slim and slinky when my husband gets back. As a bonus, I can finally get my wedding ring back on after not being able to wear it for 12 months! Xxx

Thanks Sara! Think I am in need of some tough love! Going to my inlaws tonight and they are ordering Chinese. I've already said I'm not eating it but they are offended. I'm still taking my shake and I'm going to prove to them I can do it :)

I do need some more inventive ways to consume water! I don't really like herbal tea because it's too bitter and can't stand black tea. I want to have hot drinks but don't know what!

What type of self help videos do you watch and do they help? I'm open to anything to stop this binge eating! Xxxxx

Whenever I go and visit my mum she is always trying to force food on me and the last time I was there because she was really fed up because I wouldn't have a chinese with her. So I'm not a great example to follow as I gave in adn had a bowl of soup so she could get something as well but I know now I should have just stayed firm with her. Every diet I have tried in the past always falters when I see her...even though she KNOWS I am on a diet I would come back to find she had cooked me a pizza for dinner or something. I don't think she is a feeder but wants to have what she wants regardless of if anyone else wants it :p

Is there a way where you can go over after they have eaten if they are that set on having it? I personally would accomodate for someone if I invited them over and knew they are restricted by what they can eat. It's very unfair of them to put you in that situation.

On the other hand you will be presented with these situations for the whole term of your diet so it's a good idea to learn how to handle them. Like you said: tough love!!! You can't avoid these things forever...just go, drink lots of water (that's how I survive being around food) and don't take any of their guilt trips or goading! Be as stubborn as they are offended, I would be offended by their lack of support so you should give as much as you get!!!!! They need tough love from you to get past whatever is stopping them from being supportive as much as you need tough love from us to say "DON'T DO IT - YOU WILL FEEL RUBBISH ABOUT IT AFTERWARDS!!!".

I have to disagree with the water intake - 'the more you drink, the more you shrink' isn't true. There is no scientific basis for that statement, and in fact, drinking too much can be dangerous. CD recommends drinking 2.25L per day, which is what I do, and I'll drink more if I feel thirsty. I used to get so hung up on drinking lots of water, thinking it will speed up my weight loss, but it won't.

CD is hard, you totally have to be in the zone - have a goal, a reason, why you are doing this. Not 'because I want to' or 'I need to' but find an actual goal 'my friend is getting married, I want to be a size xx when it happens' or 'I need to be xx stone so I can have a baby'. I find having an actual proper reason has really helped me keep my focus (we need IVF, I need to be 12st 6lbs. I am also going on a cruise over Christmas and the New Year, so I want to be a size 12-14, and have lots of 12-14 size clothes.....) You CAN do this. As somebody else said, protein is your friend, if you really need to eat, then have some chicken breast or tuna (not sausages or burgers - they're full of rubbish!).

I have to disagree with the water intake - 'the more you drink, the more you shrink' isn't true.

I just meant instead of a bite of food have a sip of water. That's how I survive those situations. Gives me something to do other than watch people eat. :) nothing related to daily allowances etc.

Sent from my LT26i using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thanks for all the support :) I'm plodding along and am determined to lose this weight ASAP!

Hope you are all doing well xxxxxxxx

Back