Help wanted!!!!

nikkik86

Hi guys,

I really need some help.... I have completely lost my mojo since christmas and have only lost 2lb this year so far. I am really struggling to stay on plan and find myself buying junk food when I go shopping and ordering the high syn chinese food from the takeaway! I put on 1/2lb last week and im really nervous about going to WI tomorrow night.

Just not sure how to pick myself up and give myself the boost that I need. Ive only got 2 1/2lb to lose before I hit my first stone mark and I want to do it so badly but I just cant seem to find the strength to go for it!

Any advice would be appreciated xxxx

First things first I would say, have a good search through the forums and the sw website and find some new recipes you've not tried, and plan out your meals for the week. Try only doing online grocery shopping - you won't be tempted to buy in junk this way, you'll only be buying for exactly what you need (money saver!), and if it's not in the house - you can't eat it. Having a good look through the website, forum and any magazines/cookbooks you have will remind you how you can still enjoy brilliant food on sw! When I'm having these kinds of cravings I always find it best to do things like SW KFC, diet coke chicken, sw pizza - feels naughty but isn't! Also making sure you have syn free/low syn meals will compensate for any slip ups in snacks. Also if your meals are sorted, you won't be as tempted to go to a takeaway:)

In terms of finding your mojo again, I would make a list of reasons you want to lose weight, a holiday, fitting into different clothes, having more confidence, etc etc. Have a look at a shop online at clothes and the kinds of things you'd buy if you were slimmer. Put a countdown to summer or a particular event on your wall - it's only 16 weeks until June!! If you lost 2lb every week from now until June you'd only be 1 stone 7lbs from target! (looking at your ticker).

Just a few rambly thoughts :)
x

Thank you much for replying. I used to be so good at planning meals and having everything set out for the week but ive just gotten lazy. I have a load of magazines in the house so will definitely have a look through them all tonight. Ive never tried the diet coke chicken, that could be one for this week! I always find myself snacking on cheese, that is my biggest downfall. Ive also stopped counting syns - I know I really need to start doing that again, i am just kidding myself if I dont.

I am going on holiday on the 29th July and really wanted to be as close to target as possible by then. Ive also signed up for 5K in June so have started running training.

I think new recipe ideas is defo the way to start kicking it into gear! xxx

I am exactly the same as you at the moment. Had a really rough start to january with bereavement and lots of streds and bad news. Have actually put on more in january than i did ovef xmas :-(

I am going to go through my books and get the new mag and plan my food. Ive got loads in, nut i just cant think when i look at it all. Hoping planning it out is going to help.

We can both do this x

Take a look at the inspirational photos thread, they never fail to help me when I'm struggling. I see how happy they look now (as well as slim), and think if they can do it, then I can too. It gives me a willpower boost!

I am exactly the same as you at the moment. Had a really rough start to january with bereavement and lots of streds and bad news. Have actually put on more in january than i did ovef xmas :-(

I am going to go through my books and get the new mag and plan my food. Ive got loads in, nut i just cant think when i look at it all. Hoping planning it out is going to help.

We can both do this x

Im sorry to hear that hun, I hope you are ok.

Im hoping that with January out the way I can wipe the slate clean. Its always a really long, stressful, crappy month! Heres hoping I can aim for a 2lb loss every week throughout Feb. I stopped coming on the site for the past few weeks so if I come on and like you say flashharry - get looking at the inspirational photos it will give me the kick up the backside I need! xx

I know how you feel!!

I went and tried a fancy dress costume on last night that I need to wear at the end of February - thats got me back on track!!

You've had some good advice - I might take some of it myself.

You KNOW you can do it - so do I - lets get our heads in the right place

Im sorry to hear that hun, I hope you are ok.

Im hoping that with January out the wat I can wipe the slate clean. Its always a really long, stressful, crappy month! Heres hoping I can aim for a 2lb loss every week throughout Feb. I stopped coming on the site for the past few weeks so if I come on and like you say flashharry - get looking at the inspirational photos it will give me the kick up the backside I need! xx

Thank you, ill be ok im sure.

Would love a couple of lb a week throughout feb too. Hoping to get the new mag tomorrow or next week and get some new inspiration and having a look through here for some recipes.

Good luck this week x

Whats the 321 soup?

Lemon chicken sounds lush but my hubby wouldnt touch it :-(

I made vegetable cous cous for lunch is abit bland but im sure I can play with some spices etc to improve it

Can you start writing your food diary again? That always helps me.

Also promise yourself a new outfit once you have lost a stone (or are halfway to your target), that kept me going and I've just purchased a dress!

Thanks, might give that a try next time I get the shopping in.

Im down 1.5lb this week, better than a gain but more is always good.

Also need to get back to writing everything down and counting syns. Im very lax on that at the mo

Whats the 321 soup?

Lemon chicken sounds lush but my hubby wouldnt touch it :-(

I made vegetable cous cous for lunch is abit bland but im sure I can play with some spices etc to improve it

I always soak my cous cous in boiling water with a chicken stock cube crumbled in to it. Its pretty tasteless stuff on its on. Then I like to dice up red onion, cucumber tomato and some tinned red salmon and mix it all in

That sounds nice Jen, id done it with a stock cube but it was a basic one and not too strong. Might use 2 next time.

Think im going to try more cous cous things, its quick and easy and it makes a couple of days worth at a time :)

Cous cous is delicious mixed with roasted veg (garlic, carrots, red onions, courgette, peppers, baby corn) with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar in it.
Oh, and I like it best plain with loads of butter but not really SW friendly done that way!! Ha ha!

Haha, lots of butter sounds good lol. Will give the roasted veg a go though. Ive got a pack of roasting veg in the freezer and been wondering what to do it with - now I know so thank you :)

Back