HELP... what snacks should i have in my fridge....

Boiled eggs, cooked chicken, crudites of carrots, broccoli, mange tout etc. You can make some syn free dips for with the crudites (greek yog and whizzed up roasted tomatoes & peppers- or greek yog with lemon & mint)

hummus hummus hummus mmmmmmmmmmm :)

But not ready made from shops!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

No! Absolutely not, it's FULL of syns :eek: I should have said that, sorry :eek:

Home made hummus is WAYYYYYY better than anything from the shop anyway :)

Ellebear said:
my new one is a bowl of sugar free jelly!!! yay! 1.5 syns and its sooo yummy!

x

Actaully it's half a syn when you make it up yourself fe the packets

I have all sorts but always have boiled eggs (they are very filling) I love the tesco no fat greek yoghurt and I mix 2 tsp of options choccie brownie (1.5 syns for 2 tsp) and eat it..... fab for a choccie fix

strawberries

I often have a bowl of strawberries topped with yoghurt mixed with white choccie options (2 syns)

meringue nests are about 2.5 syns and great for a sweet treat with the fruit and topped with yoghurt options

JaneB makes amazing deserts so I pinch the recipes from her diary too. Fab lime mousse yesterday from her diary, it was lime sugar free jelly, lime zest, juice one lime, mullerlight vanilla yoghurt, 100g quark... it was so refreshing and different.

sw quiche

I have all sorts but always have boiled eggs (they are very filling) I love the tesco no fat greek yoghurt and I mix 2 tsp of options choccie brownie (1.5 syns for 2 tsp) and eat it..... fab for a choccie fix

strawberries

I often have a bowl of strawberries topped with yoghurt mixed with white choccie options (2 syns)

meringue nests are about 2.5 syns and great for a sweet treat with the fruit and topped with yoghurt options

JaneB makes amazing deserts so I pinch the recipes from her diary too. Fab lime mousse yesterday from her diary, it was lime sugar free jelly, lime zest, juice one lime, mullerlight vanilla yoghurt, 100g quark... it was so refreshing and different.

sw quiche

mmmmm lime mousse sounds amazing! is that syn free?

how do u make it ? is it syn free?

This is my syn-free spicy hummus recipe:

Jalapeno hummus

Free on EE/Green

If you want it plain without the spiciness just leave out the cumin/jalapenos.
Personally I find it too bland without the spicy stuff so if I want a plain version I use tahini as part of a HEXB or just as some syns. You get 2 dessertspoons of tahini for a HEXB.

You can also try variations using other pulses/veg instead of chickpeas eg broad beans, lentils, carrot, beetroot etc. The basic recipe is about 300g of veg, 1-3 cloves garlic, juice of 1/2 a lemon, salt & pepper, then add whatever else you fancy.

This is my syn-free spicy hummus recipe:

Jalapeno hummus

Free on EE/Green

If you want it plain without the spiciness just leave out the cumin/jalapenos.
Personally I find it too bland without the spicy stuff so if I want a plain version I use tahini as part of a HEXB or just as some syns. You get 2 dessertspoons of tahini for a HEXB.

You can also try variations using other pulses/veg instead of chickpeas eg broad beans, lentils, carrot, beetroot etc. The basic recipe is about 300g of veg, 1-3 cloves garlic, juice of 1/2 a lemon, salt & pepper, then add whatever else you fancy.

thank you, sounds lush! i love a bit of spice so sounds great! will give this a go, thanks again!

I'm loving cottage cheese at the moment :) Either with HEB of Krisprolls or as a dip for veggies :)

i always buy cottage cheese and think its a good idea but then end up throwing it away bcoz i havnt eaten it quick enough!!! will keep trying though!

MissThomas said:
i always buy cottage cheese and think its a good idea but then end up throwing it away bcoz i havnt eaten it quick enough!!! will keep trying though!

Best one is the Tesco value one. Also if you dint like it you haven't wasted too much money :)

I always make up double SW chips to the par boiling then bag half and stick them in the fridge.
I also chop BNS and have that ready (so if you have chips I also have roasted BNS for the SF element)
When making homemade burgers I make double patties and freeze them wrapped in greaseproof paper.
I have a tin of Chick Pea Dahl in the cupboard too.

you can use the cottage cheese to make mini crustless SW quiches too - one tub of 300g cottage cheese, 3 eggs (blend these with a handblender) and then any free food ingredients you like - in the oven in muffin or quiche tins (200 for 20 mins or so) and then you have lots of yummy free foods - snacks or lunches!!!

Yum! My fave are mushroom and bacon ones!!! lush!

Back