Help! what's going on?

Arbuthnott1098

I weighed myself this morning and I have put on 3 lbs! How did that happen? I am watching what I eat and have started going to the gym 3 mornings a week. Could it be that I am putting on muscle weight? Will my weight start going down soon? How frustrating. Maybe I should start measuring to see if I am losing inches.

Hi

You'd have to work out a helluva lot to gain muscle weight. But what normally happens if you are not used to exercising is you retain water - something to do with protecting the muscles (but don't quote me on that!)

Keep it up and it'll drop in a day or two. And yes - definatly start measuring!

Good luck!

Twigs
xx

Oh my goodness –*I hope you are right. Thank you for replying and easing my panicking. It may be water retention. I certainly feel like my legs have swollen a bit (does that sound stupid?!). I will try to drink loads of water and that should help.

Hi

I don't think this heat helps - my rings feel tight, always a sign for me that I'm holding water :)

Yep - drink lots :)

Twigs
xx

yeah, that's true. I feel like all my clothes are tighter! Maybe we will suddenly wake up one morning. It will be cooler outside and we'll of shrunk! ha ha:8855:

thanks – thats a good plan! I have a diary on ehre so I will start recording my food too. (its called Lucy – here I go again)

Thats a good idea! I will start on my diary I have on here. Its called 'Lucy's diary – here I go again!'

Think the heat/water retention theory is spot on, my ankles ahve been a bit swollen at the end of the day this week too, and somehow i gained 2 from yesterday so i lnow how you feel. will go look at your diary too, just for a nosey!!

thanks! Yes, i feel puffy this week. I used to think the heat was a good thing but not for our figures!

Back